I know these have probably been answered to death for many many years but have been browsing and, although have come across so many really useful tips still have so many questions!!
We have been planning the Lapland trip with our 2 girls (Will be 7 and almost 4 when we go) for 2 years now and have finally booked a 4 day 3 night package in a cabin with Espirit!! I am so excited!!! I do have several questions though so wondered if someone who has been can give me some advise.....
1. We have booked a cabin - I find UK hotels really hot but wondered what temperature the cabins were and what type of pyjamas we will need - thick thermal fleece ones or thing tee shirt type?
2. How do cameras fair in the cold? Have heard LCD screens can break> What about going from the cold into the warm - is condensation a big problem?
3. If I take rechargeable batteries and an adapter - do they charge OK with the different voltage - do they just take longer to fully charge or do you need any extra special convertors?
4. Can anyone give me a road name where the cabins are located? have looked on google street view but not really sure which bit of town to look in!!
5.For anyone who has done the extra husky trip - how fit do you have to be to drive the sledge? Seen that you may have to run along side then jump on when you are driving - is this just a precautionary over exaggeration or do you really have to run?!
6. chemical hand warmers - got some but are they ok to take on an aeroplane? and are you restricted to the number you can take?
7. how many layers? have heard so many different things so am taking plenty but just wondered what was the experience of people who have actually been out there - especially for the littlies!
8. we are 1/2 board in the cabins - what happens for lunch? I know there are supermarkets but what sort of thing can you get - are they pretty similar to UK supermarkets so we will be able to get bread, filling or even ready made sandwiches?
Phew!! Starting to panic already!! Any help or advise would be gratefully received - I'm sure I will be here again before we go and will be reading everyone elses post with interest!