We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High speed train from Madrid to Benicassim?

Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
High speed train from Madrid to Benicassim?

Hi,

a group of us are going to the FIB festival this July and have booked accommodation in Oropesa Del Mar. We are flying into Madrid and staying there for a night before heading down to Benicassim by train. I am aware that the train takes about 4 1/2 hours which is fine. However, I saw this youtube video in which Vince Power who runs the festival talks about a high speed train taking about 1 1/2 hours from Madrid. Does anyone know the details of this train as I am struggling to find it on Google. This would obviously be preferable.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Nick.

Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: High speed train from Madrid to Benicassim?

I forgot to post the video. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC9mEPBGf-8

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: High speed train from Madrid to Benicassim?

I think he is talking of the hi-speed train (AVE) to the vicinity i.e. to Valencia would be as little as 1 hour 38 minutes. Change at Valencia for Benicasim which would be a minimum 55 minutes plus any waiting time.

www.renfe.com is the national rail company/website but you have to enter it as the two legs.

3. Re: High speed train from Madrid to Benicassim?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Benicasim