We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best value supermarket in Kapparis

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Best value supermarket in Kapparis

We’ll be in Kapparis this summer and I had seen there is a supermarket called Best Balue in Kennedy Ave. Does it’s assortment & prices are good enough for a 1 week stay (especially for drinks, snacks, dairy products and some ready made food) or should I consider Metro/Lidl instead ?

9 replies to this topic
Paralimni, Cyprus
Level Contributor
797 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Best value supermarket in Kapparis

I went in to this shop the other day for the first time. It is a little bit bigger than the local mini markets about here and has a reason range of general things. I did well for the small list of items I needed at that time.

It depends on whether you are full on self catering in which I think you maybe a little limited for certain products and need to visit the much larger supermarkets like Metro or Ekaabenithe in Paralimni or going towards that way... I personal find Lidl in Protaras small and again limited because it gets hit by tourists / holiday makers in the main resort. There is a larger one going up to Dherynia which I prefer as cleaner and with an in house bakery too.

My preferred shop is Metros with its two floors of food and other essential holiday items. As I am living and holidaying here. Good parking but I get a Taxi to collect me with my bags, and makes life easy for holidays.

Edited: 20 May 2018, 17:48
Paralimni, Cyprus
Level Contributor
797 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Best value supermarket in Kapparis

No ready made food sold there.

But some of the bakery shop do make and sell savory and sweet home made food for meals.

There is a large bakery at the end of Kennedy avenue by the large roundabout with bank and atm.

They sell lovely range of freshly cook breads and pastries together with ready made selection of savory meals.

Obviously loads of small cakes and biscuits too.

No diet to start here...ha ha

Edited: 20 May 2018, 17:53
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
472 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Best value supermarket in Kapparis

How far away from pernera is Metro?

Paralimni, Cyprus
Level Contributor
797 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Best value supermarket in Kapparis

Thomasdad.

About ten minutes drive by car I would say.

Just up the main road Protaras avenue going towards Paralimni. Get to the brow of the hill and you see the building and next door the newish church. Opposite is the new Coop bank and small traffic lights crossing.

Turn in to driveway and good parking at side and back.

You need two Euro coin for shopping trolleys. Enjoy.

Local taxi drivers based in Protaras and around will drop you and or collect you with your bags of shopping.

Try Stavros K - Protaras taxi for your trips if non driver for a easy holiday shop.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
472 posts
31 reviews
5. Re: Best value supermarket in Kapparis

Thanks,

I’m a little confused.

The one we used last year was next to MacD in paralimni but it didn’t have 2 floors.

We will be there again in August but we do have a car.

Paralimni, Cyprus
Level Contributor
797 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Best value supermarket in Kapparis

Thomasdad

I think the one you used was the old Carrefour store near to the Stadium in Paralimni.

That has changed and now a Cypriot supermarket called Ekaabenithe (no Greek key board).

Sells food and other garden /hardware equipment too.

But just to save going all the way into town, now!!

From Pernera as if you are go in into Kapparis and Kennedy avenue, at the main round about, turn up the main road that has a incline...it's called Keofora Protaras the road. Drive 2km at most up the hill to St Varavara ( Barbara) church and just before is Metro. You can not miss it as white and blue and red signage all over the large building.

Food stuff on the ground floor and escalator to upper floor for beauty, washing household, pet and baby stuff. With clothing and homeward articles and beach toys etc.

Hope that helps.

Edited: 21 May 2018, 12:01
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
472 posts
31 reviews
7. Re: Best value supermarket in Kapparis

Thanks,

I’ll find it.

We are staying in a villa on the crystal lagoon complex.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
472 posts
31 reviews
8. Re: Best value supermarket in Kapparis

Dawn,

Found it on google maps.

Turn left at the island just past the aquarium & it’s on that road on the left.

Yes,it was the carrefour we went to,is metro better?

Paralimni, Cyprus
Level Contributor
797 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Best value supermarket in Kapparis

Great Thomasdad.

Yes very similar with ranges and has the fresh meat and deli counters too. Plus in store bakery.

Pick you own fresh produce and take to weighing and pricing.

Good customer service in store by staff too.

Reply to: Best value supermarket in Kapparis
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Protaras
Recent Conversations