We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Directions needed!! (Kouzalis Beach)

UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Directions needed!! (Kouzalis Beach)

We are staying at the Kouzalis Beach Hotel in may. As we didnt fancy a 90 minute coach transfer we have hired a car picking up at Larnaca airport.

We would be grateful for any directions to the Kouzalis cheers!!!! (Read on some reviews theres a supermarket and bar close to the hotel anyone know their names?)

Once again thanks!

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Directions needed!! (Kouzalis Beach)

I apologise but even after many many trips from Larnaca to Pernera (which is the area in which the hotel is situated) I am hopeless with directions but basically out of Larnaca Airport hit the motorway and head toward Protaras/Paralimni/Pernera (don't go into Protaras because the hotel is not there, neither is it in Paralamni, nor Pernera itself). The hotel is situated on the coastal road between Pernera & Paralimni. Hopefully someone else on the forum may be better with specific directions. The location you need to head for is Pernera and once there you should find signposts for the Kouzalis Beach Hotel (as a guide it is on the same road as The Golden Coast Hotel & Crystal Springs) but the hotel can be quite difficult to find if you don't know the area as it is a little bit out in the sticks. I think its a fabulous location though.

Once you do get there as you come out of the front of the hotel you will see a typical Cypriot Taverna called The Onassis (opposite side of the road about 50 yards down) and a supermarket. The Onassis was the first taverna we ever tried in Cyprus having arrived some years ago very late at night and they had no hesitation in opening up and providing us with a meal and we've been going there every since. Typical Cypriot food and frequented by the locals.

If you want any more info on the area, restaurants, beaches and trips please ask.

UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Directions needed!! (Kouzalis Beach)

Much obliged Kath, thanks!

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Directions needed!! (Kouzalis Beach)

Kouzalis hotel is at the outskirts of Protaras and is not so easy to find it unless you ask for directions when you reach the area. I'll try to guide you up to there: when you exit the airport head to the left of you and follow the signs to Agia Napa. You have to drive all the way to the end of the highway (it would take you around 35 minutes) where there is a big round-about. From the round-about head to the left (towards Paralimni,Protaras, Deryneia). At the first round-about turn to your right heading to Protaras. Go straight ahead (I think you'll pass another round-about) until the end of the road where there are traffic lights. At the traffic lights make a left turn following the signs to Paralimni. Then you have to look for the signs to KOUZALIS HOTEL or ask people on the road for directions. They will be very helpful.

I hope that helps.

UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Directions needed!! (Kouzalis Beach)

Thats a great help, many thanks!!

Kapparis,Cyprus
Level Contributor
140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Directions needed!! (Kouzalis Beach)

Good directions sunforever I'll carry on from there after you take a left at the traffic lights a little way along the road you will see a junction on your right you can't miss it as it has all the blue hotel signs take a right here and a little way along on your right there is a hotel called Kama take a left here and you will come to the Golden Coast hotel follow the road round to the left there is a (restaurant on the corner) and you will come to first Crystal Springs then there is a restaurant followed by Kouzalis.

There is a lovely little bay in front of the restaurant just thought i'd tell you that.

Hope you have a lovely holiday.

Denise xx

UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Directions needed!! (Kouzalis Beach)

Thanks Denise for both the directions and the holiday wishes!

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Directions needed!! (Kouzalis Beach)

Thanks everyone for helping Buggrithall

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Directions needed!! (Kouzalis Beach)

Google Maps is great, but would be better if it wasn't at least four years old for much of east Cyprus. However, I've mapped the route eastwards from Larnaca here: http://tinyurl.com/6p6n5f

And The Kouzalis Beach Hotel is here: http://tinyurl.com/5dezcz

Marion

UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Directions needed!! (Kouzalis Beach)

Thanks Marion, really appreciate the work done to show our route. Cheers!

Cyprus
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Directions needed!! (Kouzalis Beach)

Hello,

I agree with the rest of the people regarding the actual location of Kouzalis.

The actual name of the beach is "Crystal Springs" according to the local municipality.

Not sure there is a Cyprus Tourism Office at the airport. But they offer excellent free maps.

I dont remember the name of the supermarket and the bar. Sorry.

If you ned more info about the beach, search of Crystal Springs at www.natureofcyprus.org.

Take care

Phivos

Get answers to your questions about Protaras
Recent Conversations