We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Star / Rising Star apts

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
10 posts
Save Topic
Golden Star / Rising Star apts

We have booked to stay at Golden Star apts for a week in June, was just wondering how nice they are and if you can definitely use the facilities at Rising Star? Including restaurants etc. How nice is the beach outside the hotel? Any info you can give me would be great as first time to Cyprus.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,935 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Star / Rising Star apts

Not sure if you can use the Rising Star, and the beach is really nice in front of the hotel its called Flamingo bay, you have to go to the opposite end of the strip for Fig Tree bay which is nicer but busier

co.durham, england
Level Contributor
414 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Star / Rising Star apts

We stayed in Rising Star last year and were told we could use Golden Star hotel too.

Carmarthenshire...
Level Contributor
515 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Star / Rising Star apts

I have stayed at both the Golden Star, and the Rising Star, and yes ,you can use both hotels.

Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
528 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Star / Rising Star apts

We have stayed at both hotels, as they both belong to the Yianna Marie group you can use facilities at both hotels, saying that you are able to walk into any hotel in cyprus and use the pools etc even if they are All Inclusive except you obviously have to pay for food, drinks etc. The beach by the Golden/Rising star hotels is great loads of space fab water and very clean, you have to pay for the sun beds and parasols. Cyprus is a fab Island with lovely people and Protaras is a great resort with plenty to do and places to eat I'm sure that you will have a great time. We are back in August and can't wait.

Jo.

P.S When we was at the Rising Star last August we was told by staff that the Golden Star was to be ripped out and done up during the last closed season, don't know whether it has happened though.

Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
528 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Star / Rising Star apts

http://www.yiannamariehotels.com/

Hotels web page.

JO.

UK
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Golden Star / Rising Star apts

Thank you all very much for that info.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golden Star / Rising Star apts

My son wife and kids are staying at the Rising Star we are out there in 6 weeks time for his brother wedding.We were in Protaras last year first time in Cyprus and we loved it so we are over in May fgor wedding and booked to go back in September for our 2 weeks hols we loved it that much my son had booked for the Rising Star before we went last year so we had a good look round this complex and we were very impressed.

westyorkshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golden Star / Rising Star apts

Your`ll have a great time went a couple of years ago stayed at rising star and met lots of lovely people round our pool some from the golden sun great place lovely people fab weather couldn`t ask for much more.

9. Re: Golden Star / Rising Star apts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 14:19