We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cypriot pound or euro

east yorkshire
11 posts
Save Topic
Cypriot pound or euro

Recieved tickets etc.it states that it is advisable

to take Cyprus pounds and not euro could anyone tell me which is best to take.

lake district...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cypriot pound or euro

It's Euros now, Cyprus Pounds are no longer in use.

Enjoy your holiday.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cypriot pound or euro

In agree with leica it has been since the € since 2008

Kev

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras, Cyprus
Level Contributor
946 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cypriot pound or euro

No wonder people get confused !

We were watching sky travel channels (not sure which one) only a couple of days ago and it was telling you all about Cyprus. The presenter said "and the unit of currency is the Cypriot pound" (which it was about 4 years back when it was filmed) but no corrections/subtitles etc told you any different. The show is still on and being used as the current "advertisement" for holidays now !

east yorkshire
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cypriot pound or euro

Thanks for all your help 6 days to go

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cypriot pound or euro

You will love Cyprus we went for the first time last year have been back at beginning of May for my son wedding in Ayia Napa goin back early September we booked that last year when we got back from the first time we loved it so much.

bristol
Level Contributor
220 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cypriot pound or euro

Take Euros or Sterling travellers cheques. If taking TCs, use the smaller booths and shops.Look at a few (there are loads)as they all offer varying rates. Banks often will not give a good rate.

uk
Level Contributor
292 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cypriot pound or euro

Totally agree with AskCy

That advert is old !! It is now the Euro.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
578 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cypriot pound or euro

Hi everyone,

If anyone has lots of Cyprus money to spare, you can take the money to the Department of Finance in Nicosia and it will be converted into Euros for you.

I have a collection of the old cypriot coins and I am still finding the odd coin here and there around my house!

Leah :)

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
578 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cypriot pound or euro

Hi everyone,

If anyone has lots of Cyprus money to spare, you can take the money to the Department of Finance in Nicosia and it will be converted into Euros for you.

I have a collection of the old cypriot coins and I am still finding the odd coin here and there around my house!

Leah :)

10. Re: Cypriot pound or euro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2009, 05:22
Get answers to your questions about Protaras