We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vrissiana or Constantinos the Great?

Scotland
Level Contributor
181 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Vrissiana or Constantinos the Great?

I'm travelling to Protaras with my mum at the start of Oct and was wondering which of those to hotel to stay at?

She is 56 and I'm 28 and we are just looking for a nice relaxing hotel with good food and drinks and in a great location as close to the nightlife as possible.

Also are they both on the beach?

Any advice would be great!

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vrissiana or Constantinos the Great?

Both on the beach. Have a look at the TA reviews for both hotels. I met people last year who were staying at Constantinos and were not very impressed. If I had to choose think it would be the Vrissiana. Sunrise Beach gets good reviews as does Capo Bay.

Scotland
Level Contributor
588 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vrissiana or Constantinos the Great?

I've stayed at both,the Vrissiana was pre-refurbished though so can't comment on it since this has been done.I've got to say that even though the Vrissiana was in desperate need of a freshen up I enjoyed it more than the newer Constantinos.both good hotels but I think because the Vrissiana didn't do All Inclusive at the time it was a bit quieter.However I think both hotels are linked together now and you can use either pool and sunbathing areas.One thing which I didn't like was the weekends when both hotels became over-run with locals.If there isn't a great deal of difference in price I would take Kaths' advice and look at the Sunrise amd Capo Bay as well.

london
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vrissiana or Constantinos the Great?

Hi,

Both are loely now that the Vrissiana has been Refurbed.

Con the great is a bit OTT - They have purple and gold velvet chairs in reception - the whole place screamed WAGS to me but it is nice and they have good food.

Vrissiana has been done up and is now more contemporary, food is also good.

Both part of the Tsokkos Group who own alot of the hotels in Protaras so they are of a certain standard.

Both right on the beach.

Sunrise is also nice but ton be honest if you and your mum just want somewhere nice and relaxing either or would be great.

I wouldn't bother looking at the Capo Bay - It is a nice hotel but overpriced for what it is.

Michelle

Scotland
Level Contributor
181 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vrissiana or Constantinos the Great?

Thanks everyone for your replies. Really helpful. I think I'm edging towards Vrissiana! But will look into your other recommendations too.

5. Re: Vrissiana or Constantinos the Great?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2010, 06:36
Get answers to your questions about Protaras
Recent Conversations