We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coastal footpath

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chesterfield
Level Contributor
158 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Coastal footpath

Hi everyone - first time we have posted on this forum. We usually go to Latchi or Polis, but have decided on Kapparis this year. Can anyone tell me if there is a coastal footpath from Kapparis to Protaras ? We understand there is one between Pernera and Protaras, but wondered if it extended to Kapparis.

We're going middle of October, so weather should be good for walking.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,976 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coastal footpath

From Kapparis you walk down to the end of Kennedy Ave,by the roundabout you will see the house of Africa.cross the rd,turn down,and you can follow the coastline into pernera/protaras.it is a lovley walk.

Kapparis while being smaller than the other two resorts,there is always something going on.have a look at.

kapparis.info Julie

chesterfield
Level Contributor
158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coastal footpath

Thanks so much for the info - we have never been to this end of Cyprus, and are really looking forward to it.

Many thanks again

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,976 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coastal footpath

have a good time we loved it,it is great for tribute bands.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coastal footpath

It's a lovely walk and October is the ideal time to do it. The coastal path between Pernera and Protaras is a credit to the area. If you go back over the Forum you should find some pictures posted by AskCy of the coastal path.

chesterfield
Level Contributor
158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coastal footpath

Thanks for all the info everyone !

We are staying at Elena Court ,( self catering apartment) - does anyone know if it is between Kennedy Ave and the sea, or the other side of Kennedy Avenue ? We hope we have chosen well - the apartment looks great, but not sure of the position as we have never been to this area before.

Thanks once again.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,976 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coastal footpath

I dont remember this one. have a look at.

kapparisinfo.com

hope you enjoy Kapparis as much as I did. Julie

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,976 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coastal footpath

kapparis.info

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coastal footpath

I've just updated my map of the area at http://tinyurl.com/6gplvf - Elena Court is about a third of the way between the "Greenhouses" and the "Dangerous Bend", about 2km from the Kapparis Roundabout.

The road between the "Greenhouses" and the Kapparis Roundabout is Kennedy Avenue.

Please remember that this Google map is dated September 2003.

Marion

Southend on Sea
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Coastal footpath

We have spent 4 years going to the Kapparis end and absolutely love it!! We tried staying at Paphos one year but the beaches didn't come up to the other end and we are not beach sitters at all, went on the walk last year from Protarus to Penera and the other way both in daylight and in the evening and its a nice stroll if its not too hot, We would recommend that end of the island and are sorry we are not going back this year, family wanted to try somewhere different but I am sure we will be back next year.

chesterfield
Level Contributor
158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coastal footpath

Thanks Marion - we have found the approximate position of the apartment - think it was built after 2003 so actual building doesn't show on the map. But it looks good - we would rather be a bit out of the 'strip' area and walk to it when we want to.

Now we shall spend all summer looking forward to it !!!!

Thanks to everyone else for replies - so nice to be able to get info from people who've been there.

Get answers to your questions about Protaras
Recent Conversations