We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurant for Anniversary

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
90 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Good restaurant for Anniversary

Hello everyone

Me and my fiance are going to Protaras next Saturday, staying at the Rising Star apartments. Can't wait!

Whilst we are there, it'l be our anniversary so thought I'd ask if there are any good restaurants that you can reccommend to go for a nice meal? Or, anywhere to avoid?!

Thanks in advance!

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good restaurant for Anniversary

La Cultura De Gusta in Pernera (15 minute walk along the new coastal path) is ideal for a special anniversary meal.

Leicester
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good restaurant for Anniversary

Thank you! I was going to ask the same thing. It is our 24th wedding anniversary while we are there. Staying at the Tsokkos Gardens was thinking about Mojitos but will have a look there too now. We are going all inc but want to have a special meal for our special night. Going to the kiosk first for some cocktails and watch the sunset.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good restaurant for Anniversary

Alati by the sea, Pernera - www.alati-protaras.com

Blue Spice, Pernera - www.bluespicerestaurant.com

and for fine dining (approx. €100 for two)...

Folio, Kapparis - www.foliorestaurant.com

Further out:

Vasiliskos, Sotira

To Ploumin, Sotira - www.ploumin.com.cy

Marion

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good restaurant for Anniversary

All suggestions are very good but I think La Cultura De Gusta is a bit special. We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary there last year. Tell them beforehand if you decide to go and ask them for a nice private table - you won't be rushed. We had a pre dinner drink, champagne, bottle of wine and a beautiful three course meal all prepared to order and a choice of excellent free brandies afterwards (and large measures!!). In all I think we paid about 100 euros but they gave us a free bottle of wine to take home with us.

Enjoy wherever you decide to go.

Kath

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
90 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good restaurant for Anniversary

Thank you for your replies, much appreciated. Looks like there are some lovely restaurants and too much choice! Thanks again

Paralimni, Cyprus
Level Contributor
302 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Good restaurant for Anniversary

I'll go along with Kath, La Cultura De Gusta is a fantastic restaurant and the hosts are really friendly and probably the best in the area.

If you want to stay in Protaras, we also have a really lovely meal last year at the Corner Restaurant (at the Capo Bay end of the strip, right up next to the main road). Not cheap, but excellant food and good service, we paid approx €120 for 4 adults and drinks.

Hope you have a lovely holiday and happy anniversary!

Lilly

Leicester
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good restaurant for Anniversary

We are spoilt for choice now :) Decisions, decisions! We love a nice steak but also love the local food. Don't know what to do.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Think La Cultura De Gusta is a bit out of our price range, although it does sound very special. Will check that one out next time when hopefully the holiday fund is bigger.

Thanks once again

Essex
Level Contributor
116 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good restaurant for Anniversary

Take a trip into Ayia Napa and visit Sage, brilliant food - a little pricey but you get what you pay for!

9. Re: Good restaurant for Anniversary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2010, 06:20