We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending Money for Protaras this August

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
davem1971
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Spending Money for Protaras this August

My wife and I are taking our 15yr twin daughters to Protaras for 2 weeks self catering and intend to eat out every night. We will have to buy breakfast/lunch albeit cheaply and will have a couple of drinks every night.

We plan to take around £3,000 sterling (around 3,400 Euro depending on the rate)

does anyone know if this will be enough? I dont want to spend the holiday worrying about having enough money, so any advice would be great

newport
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending Money for Protaras this August

Hi, i would think that would be plenty...Last time i went me and my husband spent around £500 per week between us (so £250 each) and this was having what we wanted when we wanted it and also a trip or 2! You should be able to find a 2 course meat for approx 12 to 15 euro's each and breakfast around 4 and a half euro for a full english.

Hope this helps.

Stacey

P.s im going again on Wed (19th) for a week staying at rising star and will be posting a review when i come home and will mention average prices of food etc so if you are going after then it may give you a rough idea.

davem1971
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending Money for Protaras this August

Thanks - that would be really helpful. We are going to the Rising Star in August

newport
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending Money for Protaras this August

No probs!

Providing i actually get there i will put a review on & comment on as much as i can that would be relevant.

Stacey

nottingham
Level Contributor
158 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending Money for Protaras this August

That should be plenty enough money...me and my boyfriend have been to protaras 3 times now, 4th this july.We normally take £500 each which gets us all our food/drinks, a few trips, bit of shopping etc. We have noticed an increase in prices due to the euro but you can also get plenty of deals out and about on food if you look.

Breakfast - As you are self catering why not buy in cereal or toast? If not expect to pay around 4 euros for a full english - some places include orange juice and/or tea/coffee.

Lunch can be found relatively cheap if you just want a sandwich/toastie or similar.

Dinner - lots of restaurants do special deals like 3 courses for 15 euros etc so read the boards before you go in. These are mostly things you would eat anyway and are the same portion sizes!

Drinks can be expensive in protaras so maybe keep a few bottles of water/pop in your fridge for when you pop back to your hotel.

Supermarkets - prices can vary so shop around a little!

There is also a mcdonalds, pizza hut and a kfc style place, oh and fish and chips if you find you want these!

I am sure you will have a fantastic time, i havent met anyone who dont like protaras!! Any more questions please ask!

Scotland
Level Contributor
650 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending Money for Protaras this August

davem1971

£3,000 should be plenty for 2 weeks.

I am going back to Protaras at the end of September for 2 weeks we are Bed & Breakfast staying at the Silver Sands. This will be my 8th time to Protaras. We went for 1 week last year but it was not enough time to visit all our favourite restaraunts so it`s 2 weeks this year.

You will find plenty of nice restaraunts to chose from.

I am sure the 2 girls will enjoy there time in Protaras too.

Edited: 18 May 2010, 00:42
Cambridge uk
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spending Money for Protaras this August

Can you give the names of what you think are good places to eat

Thanks

nottingham
Level Contributor
158 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spending Money for Protaras this August

Personally my favourites are Oscars which is at the start of the strip opposite mcdonalds, and Promises which is above a shop at the other end of the strip opposite the huge chinese place.

I can honestly say though i have ate in many restaurants along the main strip and never had one bad meal and always got great service.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,959 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spending Money for Protaras this August

my favourites, Rocks on main road towarda penera, Anatolia, la strada, astoria which is on the road down to rising star, olympus, island affair, no 1 restaurant , corner restaurant is my favourite fig tree bay end

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
90 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spending Money for Protaras this August

My boyfriend and I are taking £500 each for a week self catering staying at the Rising Star

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
482 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Spending Money for Protaras this August

Just a thought, and assuming this is what you are doing, why take so much cash with you ? Can you not leave say, £2k in the bank at home and draw cash from a cashpoint as and when. Also many places take cards, so use your card to pay rather than cash. Two advantages - you don't have to be worried about carrying lots of cash around or leaving it in your accommodation and the second, you generally get a better exchange rate drawing cash from the cashpoint in Cyprus or using your card to pay for things as you get the commercial bank exchange rate rather than tourist exchange rates at home. This does assume though that you have a card that doesn't charge for use abroad like Nationwide or Santander or the Post Office.

Alternatively, you may consider it too risky to use a card abroad due to potential fraud, in which case, cash is king.