We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Domniki cancelled by Thomas Cook

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Domniki cancelled by Thomas Cook

I was due to stay at the Domniki Apartments in Pernera near Protaras this August, however I've just been informed that this accommodation has been cancelled and an alternative has been provided. I have been given no reason for this change and was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat and could possibly enlighten me?

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Domniki cancelled by Thomas Cook

Seems they've gone "direct only". See

http://www.domniki.com/en/news/announcement

Marion

Kent, England
Level Contributor
820 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Domniki cancelled by Thomas Cook

Shame as they are in a good location. What alternative have you been offered?

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,385 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Domniki cancelled by Thomas Cook

Remember you do not have to accept the alternative that has been offered. This happened to us one year as the hotel we had booked was not finished in time. We didn't like what they offered us so stuck out for a hotel that we knew was good.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Domniki cancelled by Thomas Cook

The Domniki has not been with Thomas Cook for months it use to be Olympic before and has a excellent reputation we have stayed there twice and we love the place it is family run and the location is brillant it is in the Pernera area which is quieter if you want it a bit livlier walk along the new coastal pathway to Protaras its a lovely evening walk and the scenery is lovely.

If you type in Domniki they have their own web-site and they will give you a quote you can have a transfer added and if you want help with gettin a flight they try to help you get the best bargain shame we are not goin this year as we love goin to the Domniki its just the price when you get to Cyprus with it being euro that has put us off but i highly recommend the Domniki i would not stay anywhere else in Cyprus.Do you have to take the other alternative would you get all your money back they did the same thing with us a few years ago when we had booked a hol for lanzorote waited till we paid fully for the hols then said it was cancelled and we were asked to take an alterntive i was a bit upset as we had stayed at the one we had booked before and the one we did stay i was not impressed let us know what happens

Edited: 12 June 2010, 19:48
huddersfield
Level Contributor
128 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Domniki cancelled by Thomas Cook

get ya money back and book somewhere else.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,708 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Domniki cancelled by Thomas Cook

Sometimes getting your money back and booking elsewhere isn't the best option, especially this close to an August departure. Making a new booking elsewhere will be hard, either the prices will be higher or there will be no availability.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Domniki cancelled by Thomas Cook

I have sent you a PM.

Thomas Cook pulled out of their contract with The Domniki - don't know the actual reason but it has left The Domniki up the creek without a paddle! I have just returned from The Livas apartments but spent my sunbathing time in front of The Domniki - it was very very quiet for them. I really can't think of other apartments that have the same unrivalled position other than The Rising Star at the end of the coastal walkway in Protaras BUT there are building works going on around there and it was a bit noisy.

UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Domniki cancelled by Thomas Cook

I have just got a quote from Domniki direct £465.44 for 2weeks in September for a one bedroom apartment and flights with Jet 2 £358 so it seems a good deal to book direct. We stayed at the Domniki 3years ago and it was in an ideal spot if you want a quieter holiday. Hope all turns out ok for you

bristol
Level Contributor
225 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Domniki cancelled by Thomas Cook

£458 + £358 for 2 weeks. How many is that price for?

10. Re: Domniki cancelled by Thomas Cook

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Protaras
Recent Conversations