We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Protaras

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
751 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Protaras

Anyone got any ideas or tips for the best self catering holiday in Protaras.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,961 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Protaras

Do you mean accommodation

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Protaras

If its accommodation then you won't do much better than either The Livas or The Domniki in Pernera - 15 minute walk out of Protaras

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras, Cyprus
Level Contributor
946 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Protaras

Livas is my second home... going back in May and can't wait.... Its not fancy five star but it is the warmest most friendly family run place you are ever likely to go to.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Protaras

Agreed - We are back at The Livas at the beginning of June - a more friendly genuine place you will not find.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
751 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Protaras

Thank you, having looked, looks like we are booking in the Andreotis apartments.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,961 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Protaras

Im at the Livas from 14th September 2011, first time staying there are they clean they do look a bit dated, booked through Monarch only paid just over £700 for two weeks bargain

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras, Cyprus
Level Contributor
946 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Protaras

They are a little dated... or you could call it a classic look ?

At the price you have paid you should know its not going to have lazer guided sat nav linked robot waiter service... you will however not need to worry about it being cleaned...

They are a family (and one or two long long term family friends like Andreas) and its their home as well...

We have been 3 times now and have had a few "issues" (stop panicing!) Once there wasn't a carving knife in the room so we asked at reception and about 3 minutes after we arrived back in our room, one was brought up.

Another time the Air-Con went on the blink in the middle of the night/morning... when we got up and went out we mentioned it, and during the day while we were out and about, it was looked at, a new part ordered, gone for and fitted....

It maybe a smaller family run hotel but they are on the ball.. I think I should stop telling people how nice this place is because I'm going to struggle to re-book in August.. ! lol

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,961 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Protaras

I wont be using a carving knife and am not a lover of aircon anyway LOL, paid £1300 for the Sandra last year and they were pretty tired, off to Majorca in July so had to cut the cloth accordingly this year for Cyprus LOL, got a few jobs at home need doing as well. Never stayed in Penera but been to Protaras ten times, we always spend a few nights in Penera in knights or Spectrum bar then a meal, Mojitos was good last year

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras, Cyprus
Level Contributor
946 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Protaras

In August we needed aircon... ! lol

You'll find Pernera is a little less hussle and bustle than Protaras... but if you want Protaras its only a walk up the path (as you know) - We prefer to stay in Pernera and go to Protaras a few times rather than the other way around.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,961 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Protaras

nice relaxing walk on the costal path, can you recommend any other restaurants in Penera. tried la Culturo de Gusto one year and it wasnt that nice

Get answers to your questions about Protaras