We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to stay

leicestershire
Level Contributor
270 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
places to stay

Can anyone recommend self catering or B&B in Protaras, but not The Rising Star. We are looking for somewhere near Fig tree bay and central near shops etc, but especially near as poss to beach. Thanks.....

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,968 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places to stay

A lot of the self catering apartments are in need of a refurb, im in penera this yeasr but i would go for the brilliant apartments, superb new pool and refurbed room for this year

leicestershire
Level Contributor
270 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: places to stay

Thank you for that, Didnt realise the self catering needed updating. Could you recommend any good hotels central location close to beach, dont want to book and find them to be bad!! Thanks for any info.

wigan
Level Contributor
260 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: places to stay

Have a look at the Andreotis Apartments being going for the last 7 years

Cheers

Sharon

west yorks
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: places to stay

If you are looking at hotels I don't think you could do better than the Capo bay it is right on figtree bay. and is one of the best hotels in Protaras in my opinion

Self catering the Brilliant Apartments are only a few miniutes walk from the strip and beaches x

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,968 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: places to stay

Ive stayed in the Alva, Sandra, and the Melini are basic, depends on your budget really, sunrise and capo bay are the best two hotel on the strip, the Vrissiana is nice. Im having a cheap holiday in Penera this year as im off to Majorca before Cyprus, if i was you i would definately book the brilliant apartments. just on the back road from the strip fantastic new pool and all the rooms have been refurbed for the new season, you can cut down through eden square to the strip and beaches, i paid £1300 for the Sandra last year and there was ripped curtains, leaky fridge, holes in the shower curtains, depends what you want, the Andreotis is a bit further away than the strip

leicestershire
Level Contributor
270 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: places to stay

Thanks to everyone for their help... We love the look of capo bay hotel and may book that for june but the Brilliant apts keep coming up as being good on this forum so may well book those for next year. We are off to Zante for the 4th year running, we love it there, but want a change now, we have been to Paphos twice and the Rising Star apts in Protaras, but wasnt so keen on those , even though a lot of people love them. How far is it from the airport by taxi and is it quite expensive? Thanks....

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,968 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: places to stay

I paid 54 euros last year with grabthatcab one way from leaving the airport to Protaras 29 minutes, toom me nearly 2.5 hours one year with drop offs etc never again, bet i was at my hotel before the transfer coaches even left the airport

leicestershire
Level Contributor
270 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: places to stay

Thats really good, we like to get a taxi if we can like you said you were in your room well before the others on the coach transfers, i look at it as a bit of a treat..... starts the holiday off nicely!!! Thanks.

essex
Level Contributor
60 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: places to stay

I have a wedding to attend in Sept most of the guests are staying at the Briliiant apartments which are fully booked for that week!!! can anyone suggest anything near to them that are not on top of the strip please.... much appreciated

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,968 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: places to stay

Andreotis, Lantiana, Ketsios

Get answers to your questions about Protaras