We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

troodos mountains trip

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
humberside
Level Contributor
116 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
troodos mountains trip

hi everyone - we are going to Protaras in May this year, this will be our 2nd visit and we're really looking forward to it.

We was thinking of a day trip to troodos mountains (with first choice). There will be me, and my 2 sons aged 17 and 12.

Has anyone done this trip or a similar trip? Or can anyone recommend any day trips - but please bear in mind I can't walk far and use elbow crutches.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated - Debbie :-)

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
671 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: troodos mountains trip

There are lots of excursions that u can do from protarus area...the jeep safari to the troodos mountains gets good reviews.

Would highly recommend the red bus tours either the village tour or the one that goes to famagusta and the varosha area both superb.

The water park in ayia napa is another great day out.

King's Lynn
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: troodos mountains trip

The Water park in Ayia Napa is a great day, also when I go to Cyprus I always go up the Trodoos mountains in a hire car rather than an organised trip, as I find you have lots more freedom to stop on the way up and really take in the breath taking views, you can also stop and look around Lefkara which is a lovely little village on the way up.

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: troodos mountains trip

On Troodos I would suggest for some one with mobility needs:

Troodos Visitor Center with a small nature trail, exhibition.

The new Botanical Gardens on the right as you go down the B9 from Troodos, spectacular views towards Limassol, plants and exhibition area with short video etc.

On the same road B9 but on the left there are signs for a circular walking trail, it is easy walking around 1500 m with some seats and plant signs, superb view down the Solea valley towards Morphou.

Omodos is a nice tourist village, the only area that may cause difficulty is the main square which is very uneven.

humberside
Level Contributor
116 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: troodos mountains trip

cheers people :-)

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
554 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: troodos mountains trip

Hi, i would just add that there is a company that organises excursions for visitors with mobility limitations, this might be worth considering especially if you want to visit the mountain area, they have a website that might be of interest: http://www.accessibleholidayscyprus.com/

6. Re: troodos mountains trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 05:17