We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Larnaca to Protaras

essex
Level Contributor
56 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from Larnaca to Protaras

What is the best and cheapest option of transport from Larnaca airport to protaras? are the taxi fare's reasonable with set prices or do they all have different prices? Also how long is the journey?

I usually pre book transfers but at £50 per person I thought it was a bit expensive.

Thankyou I'd appreciate any help or advice ......

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras, Cyprus
Level Contributor
946 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Larnaca to Protaras

We usually book Taxi transfers as part of the holiday package and this seems to be a good price... often it will only cost a few quid more than a coach transfer...

You can book a taxi and they should give you a price up front !

As for how long... depends on what mode of transport and what time of day...

on quiet roads at night with a direct taxi transfer you could be there in 45-60 minutes

but change that to a coach transfer in the middle of the day where you are waiting for everyone else to get on board, then going into Ayia Napa and other other hotels along the route with heavy traffic it could take 2 hours...

Steve

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras, Cyprus
Level Contributor
946 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Larnaca to Protaras

just asked my other half... she says its something like "upto 4 passengers" for the taxi transfer and is about "£120"... when we booked with the holiday etc...

Steve

essex
Level Contributor
56 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Larnaca to Protaras

Thankyou I appreciate the help ....

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,098 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Larnaca to Protaras

Hi,take a look at travel republic for transfers they are very reasonable.Julie

essex
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Larnaca to Protaras

I used silverstar taxi's last september and that was for 3 of us and it was 98 Euros for a return

They have changed to The Europe Taxi now but it is still the same company

http://www.theeuropetaxi.com

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,961 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer from Larnaca to Protaras

i used grabthatcab last year and 54 euros one way from airport to Protaras strip 29 mins

essex
Level Contributor
56 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer from Larnaca to Protaras

Really Helpful thankyou I appreciate you taking the time to respond ..

essex
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer from Larnaca to Protaras

We always use grab that cab also very reliable, We were delayed two days out of Stansted last year and they kept in constant touch so we could update them. They were waiting for us with friendly smiles when we arrived.

9. Re: Transfer from Larnaca to Protaras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 20:17
Get answers to your questions about Protaras