We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather update

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gillingham, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather update

Does anyone know waht weather is like in Protaras at the moment? A bit worried as flying out this Wednesday for 11 nights and some weather forums are predicting rain from Thursday until Sunday which is strange as i've been here 4 times in September and only had 1 day of rain the whole time! :-(

Kings Lynn Norfolk
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather update

Hi Kelly was talking to people in Protaras yesterday weather was 32c . Talk of light showers to end of week. Rain doesnt last long in cyprus in Sept normally Just short heavy showers then back to wall to wall sunshine instantly

Regards Mike

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather update

I would agree with above but weather sites are showing a band of rain heading eastwards across the Mediterranean towards us. However it is no means unusual for these bands to move a little north and miss all together, but I want some rain around me to lay the dust, none seen personally since July.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather update

havent even seen a cloud in 12 weeks never mind a raindrop

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather update

Don't worry - Kath is on her way at the end of the month and rain follows me everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather update

Umbrellas ready, yippee now back to pool boy duties!

Gillingham, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather update

Thanks guys! :)

Scotland
Level Contributor
650 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather update

Kath do you mind cancelling youre Holiday at the end of the month. I am going to Protaras on 2nd of October and do not want to see any rain.

Deryneia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
291 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather update

Next ten days for Ayia Napa area suggests lowest daytime temperature of 28.

Usually, once it's hot in Cyprus it stays hot, so I reckon we're OK for the next month or so.

Bloomin hope so anyway....

NB: night time lows of 21! Might even have to get the air conditioning this time.

sussex
Level Contributor
180 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather update

thunderstorms from thursday onwards according to a lot of the weather sites , typical since i arrive then .., best pack the brolly mrs

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather update

good excuse to lock yourself in and watch sport all day saturday. i will only believe it when i see it though and i aint seen any rain since the minute i got here, last rain i seen was on the runway of manchester airport on 9th july.

was 31 in the shade today!! serious heat still