We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beware cyprus brides

Birmingham, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
beware cyprus brides

The good news is Cyprus is a great place to get married,but was so disappointed with my transport,had been talking all year to a english couple on facebook who own the cyprus vintage wedding cars

and there pictures of the cars were beautiful thinking this was one of there cars that i had booked through a wedding company,well it wasnt, we ended up with a simular car but with a silly man in a daft hat a stupid horn and all my guests were laughing but not in a funny way that it was great so he thought this was good so he did it even more i felt so stupid when i should of felt like a million dollars in a classy car and he was driving to fast that i was worried about my hair,but other than that our day was great.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
789 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beware cyprus brides

I'm glad you had a great day in spite of your 'chauffeur'. Had it been me, his 'daft hat' would have been travelling at even greater speed - out the window!

Sounds as though you had a jester with you, loving the limelight, which you didn't need on your wedding day.

There are several companies in Cyprus offering vintage cars for weddings. It may help others if you can be more specific so as not to tar all with the same brush?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beware cyprus brides

they love tooting the horn when a bride is in the car its cyprus tradition and will continue to happen.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
789 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beware cyprus brides

Ohhh...did you mean the car horn? Thought you meant he was blowing his trumpet!

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: beware cyprus brides

It is a custom here and I have seen similar in France that a wedding moves in procession with all hooting shouting etc both from the wedding cars and passing traffic and I have even seen drivers give way to the fairly slow moving horde.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras, Cyprus
Level Contributor
946 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beware cyprus brides

Seen this hooting done at I was trying to get across the road on bicycle at top of Protaras... very confusing.. couldn't tell if they were beeping at the car to move, beeping at me or what.. so even though they were against a red light I had to sit there not knowning if someone was about to screech forward...

6. Re: beware cyprus brides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 14:19
Get answers to your questions about Protaras