We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunrise Beach, Protaras

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sunrise Beach, Protaras

Looking to book for June 2012 but not getting an AI option although I have been told that you can pay for this when you book in at the hotel. Does anyone know if this is true? thanks

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunrise Beach, Protaras

Most hotels will offer you an upgrade on arrival although to be perfectly honest the food is usually sub standard compared to the excellent restaurants in resort so unless u get it for a good price or u like plenty of drinks I wouldn't bother

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunrise Beach, Protaras

Hi

We have been to Pernera/Protaras for the last two years and stayed all inclusive, I would not recommend all inc as Paul says the food is ok (often not hot enough) and not restaurant standard. The drinks this year were also not as good either, baileys was like dishwater and sometime the soft drinks flat! There are lots of nice restaurants and many with good offers ie 2 courses 10 euro's and lots of different cuisines to try ie greek, japanese, etc, we have booked a villa for 2012 4 adults and 1 child and with flights, transfers and it has cost us £491 each which i think is really great!

Diane

Kings Lynn Norfolk
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunrise Beach, Protaras

Hi difah, be carefull just got back from Potaras. If you know the strip you will know the carpark infront of Sunrise beach hotel . They started last week of October cutting down the tree alongside the strip, then 1st Nov started excavating car park up. When I last looked they was down about 15-20 ft,was told it is for more shops etc. The entrance to Teejays Bar is also blocked off now. regards Smiffy

P.S looks like plenty of building noise, dust etc for spring 2012

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunrise Beach, Protaras

Hi Smiffy049

Think you replied to me instead of Michealajh!

Diane

5. Re: Sunrise Beach, Protaras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2012, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Protaras
Recent Conversations