We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trying to find a hotel that suits us

uk
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
trying to find a hotel that suits us

I'may be looking for the impossible,

Can anyone recomend a hotel that meets the following I am trying to get a hotel that is sort of similar to thoes in the caribbean.

We got pretty close in corfu last year but without evening shows and with all buffet meals.

1. All in pref (or would takeHB) that has good quality food served in nice atmosheric restuarant - not large noisy canteen style -(and pref non buffet at least 2 times a week). Would like 'all in' but not the kind of place that everyone starts drinking as soon as they are up just because they can.

2 Has good evening entertainment - not reps on stage but proper pro shows, and esp with no bingo/ audeince envolvement.

3. On a nice beach/ sandy cove

I know to get the best resturants its prob best to book B&B or SC but I'm not alble to do too much walking about at the moment so would really like to find a hotel that fits the bill.

Kings Lynn Norfolk
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: trying to find a hotel that suits us

Hi I think you are looking fo something thats not around in Protaras, but may be you could search Paphos. Not stayed in one up there but have been told you could find one or two if you search. Regards Smiffy

Leeds UK
Level Contributor
240 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trying to find a hotel that suits us

Deffo doesnt sound like the Protaras I stayed in!

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trying to find a hotel that suits us

Try the Caribbean lol

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras, Cyprus
Level Contributor
946 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trying to find a hotel that suits us

From what I've heard about the Caribbean you are looking for the wrong things for the wrong reasons? (I could be wildly mistaken but I'll carry on and see what you think)

Somewhere like Pernera has some decent hotels, they are all close to things going on, there are plenty of very good restaurants, bars and entertainment... someone walking at a "normal" pace could walk all the way around Pernera in 15 minutes...

its all safe, there isn't a need to stay in the hotel for everything.... there are lots of things to see away from the hotel/area....

you can get about in taxi's, buses, organised 4x4 off road safari, the Big Red Bus, bike hire, car hire, motorbike hire etc.....

I've been told by more than one person that the Caribbean tends to be more stay in the hotel for everything... not so much going on around them.. (as I said I could be wrong as I haven't been )

Steve

Edited: 29 November 2011, 22:50
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trying to find a hotel that suits us

You can't compare Cyprus with the Caribbean - I have done both and I know which one I would choose, Cyprus every time.

The Caribbean hotels do have everything you want but generally, depending on which island you visit, you are confined to the hotel complex. I did 2 weeks in the Dominican Republic in a 4* hotel and wouldn't return. Although it was undoubtedly beautiful I was stir crazy after 7 days eating the same thing, watching the same entertainment and only venturing out of the complex if there were organised tours.

Cyprus is a different ball game - you make your own entertainment visiting authentic tavernas, travelling round the island quite safely taking in the sights. There is a lot of entertainment in Protaras but I'm not sure it is for you. Certainly the Sunrise Beach and Capo Bay hotels are perhaps two of the most impressive hotels and you should look at the reviews on them to see if they suit. The Grecian Park Hotel midway between Protaras & Ayia Napa is another impressive hotel in a lovely location.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trying to find a hotel that suits us

I agree with Steve & Kath if you want to look at the same things everyday,eat in the same place everyday stay at home.

When in Cyprus get out and about and see things as it is,in my opinion, one of the nicest,safest places you can visit with something for everyone.

scotland
Level Contributor
189 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trying to find a hotel that suits us

Anais Bay Hotel Pernera nice family run hotel next to small beach guests return year after year so that says it all.....

8. Re: trying to find a hotel that suits us

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Protaras
Recent Conversations