We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SENTIDO Kouzalis Beach do you have to.....

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hull
Level Contributor
41 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
SENTIDO Kouzalis Beach do you have to.....

seen some reviews on trip advisor and we love the look of SENTIDO Kouzalis Beach hotel, but seen one review of apparently men have to wear trousers to have a meal? is this true, we're in our early 20's and my boyfriend will not wear trousers on holiday especially not in the heat, find this kind of pointless as people in shorts is not offending what so ever. However it will annoy us if true as it also annoyed the couple who wrote the review.

Any help would be appreciated, also on any good restaurants near by? Italian is our fave! any good trips to do? we will be there hopfully 2nd july for 10nights

1. Re: SENTIDO Kouzalis Beach do you have to.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 January 2012, 10:35
Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SENTIDO Kouzalis Beach do you have to.....

I think you will find a lot of AI hotels expect men to wear trousers at night in the restaurant,which I also find stupid as I would never even take a pair with me to Cyprus.

Also the Kouzalis is fairly isolated,check out google maps so you will probably not find much around there.

If you want somewhere a bit livelier try Silver Sands/Rising Star/Capo Bay or Tsokkos Beach which are all fairly central in Protaras

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SENTIDO Kouzalis Beach do you have to.....

The Kouzalis Beach is actually not in Protaras but on the coastal road out of Pernera heading toward Kapparis. It is fairly isolated but there is a bus stop outside and it's only a 10 minute journey to Protaras if you want something more lively in the evening. There is a very good Italian restaurant in Pernera called La Cultura Del Gusto and plenty of Italians in Protaras.

I think you will find, as the previous post says, in All Inclusive hotels men are generally expected to wear smart trousers for an evening meal. One pair of perhaps smart linen ones would be sufficient. I do agree in a hot climate it seems a bit silly but hotels do want to keep some form of dress code

Deryneia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
291 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SENTIDO Kouzalis Beach do you have to.....

I have to admit I have some respect for this policy. It's a little ironic as it was probably Britain that introduced formal dress at dinner, but a bit of decorum is a pleasant distraction these days. Just think of it as a bit of a laugh and go with the flow - insist on total chivalry from him - pulling your chair out for you and all that! The room will almost certainly be air conditioned.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SENTIDO Kouzalis Beach do you have to.....

We have been to the Kouzalis beach twice now and can highly reccomend it. My boyfriend has worn knee length shorts in the restauraunt on a night and it was absolutely fine, so I dont think you'll have a problem. Hope you enjoy it!

uk
Level Contributor
117 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SENTIDO Kouzalis Beach do you have to.....

If you check the reviews of the hotel, the manager has responded to one on 26/10/11 stating that next year he is going to enforce the dress code. It is best to be aware as I have seen men turned away from restaurants in the past and been embarassed.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,959 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SENTIDO Kouzalis Beach do you have to.....

If its a really posh hotel i suppose its ok but women show legs in short skirts whats the difference Don Corlone is a nice italian in Protaras

england
Level Contributor
161 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SENTIDO Kouzalis Beach do you have to.....

Yes from this year dress code will be strictly enforced.

Just wear trousers to dinner and then change straight after.

Restaurant is air conditioned.

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: SENTIDO Kouzalis Beach do you have to.....

We have been to many AI and my husband found it strange request. But he sometimes changes after dinner or as he feels, us women make an effort to get dressed so why should the men not make an effort to. One or 2 pairs or linen trousers is all you need.

middlesbrough
Level Contributor
905 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: SENTIDO Kouzalis Beach do you have to.....

hi yes agree next year is deffo long pants. on each of our visits last year we seen giorgios the resteraunt manager , who is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet, being swore at and screamed at because of peoples ignorance at wearing shorts at dinner, the hotel booklet tells you the brochures tell you. so comply its as simple as that. if not happy with that go elsewere cheers, by the way mega embarrased by the antics of some guests over the issue