We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anybody been to Antalya area in Turkey, then to Cyprus?

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Has anybody been to Antalya area in Turkey, then to Cyprus?

Been to Antalya area the past 2 years :-

Hotel Baia Lara

Royal Wings

Royal Holiday Palace

Thinking about goind all inclusive in Cyprus this year.

Can anybody compare the Hotels please ??

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anybody been to Antalya area in Turkey, then to Cyprus?

Which hotel were you thinking about in Cyprus? I know those hotels in Turkey, and they are all 5 star top of the range - perfect if you want a hotel-based holiday. However, I think you would struggle to get an all-inclusive in Cyprus that's of the same calibre as the hotels you mentioned. That's my opinion but some people might beg to differ! :) Unless you maybe try Paphos rather than the East coast?? Capo Bay in Protaras looks really smart but they don't do all-inclusive...does it have to be all-inclusive or would you consider other options?

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anybody been to Antalya area in Turkey, then to Cyprus?

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes we were hopeing to get the same kind of hotel as in Turkey, i think once you've been there its difficult to go elsewhere because you compare them so much.

Was up for anywhere in Cyprus really but def all inclusive.

I'll have a good luck round, is there any you'd recommend in Cyprus..we've been but not with the kids..was years ago when we were young and daft haha

thanks

Barry

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anybody been to Antalya area in Turkey, then to Cyprus?

Well if Im being totally honest I just don't think you'd get the same standard of all-inc hotel in Cyprus as you can get at Lara Beach. Ive been there and altho the hotel we stayed in was gorgeous I felt a bit bound to the hotel if you know what I mean as I like a resort where there's loads to do. Having said that there's some fantastic hotels in Cyprus - just always seems all the really classy top-notch hotels just don't do an all-inc option...must be a reason for that!! We are going all-inc to the 4* Tasia Maris in Ayia Napa in June (wont' allow kids in this hotel tho), then to the 5* Sunrise Beach in protaras in September...the sunrise is amazing but doesn't do all-inc....

You will pay a lot more for 5* all inc in cyprus than you generally do in turkey but here's some options:

Coral Beach - CB Hotel Resort & Spa

Protaras - Constantinos the Great - my friend stays here all-inc for 2 weeks every August with her family and they swear by it. Great location on the beach.

Paphos - Athena Beach Hotel

Pahos - St George Hotel

Paphos - Louis imperial Beach

Ayia Napa - Atlantica Aeneas Resort - lovely location opposite Nissi Beach and the biggest pool in Cyprus

Ayia Napa - Olympic Lagoon Resort - quiet, secluded location on beautiful beach, but just been refurbished too and is apparently amazing

Limassol - Atlantica Miramare - also just had a refurb and looks fab!

As you've got kids, my bet would be the Olympic Lagoon - don't be put off by the fact it's in Ayia Napa - AY is a lovely resort with a great town and harbour, and the hotel is right on a beach which is quiet but close enough to be in AY in 5 mins in a taxi.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
313 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anybody been to Antalya area in Turkey, then to Cyprus?

Hi,

I agree with the other posts, you won't get the same standard in Cyprus as you do in the Antalya area, we have been a few times to Belek and the hotels are fab, my hubby is 50 this year and fancied a change.. so we are going all inclusive to Crystal Springs Beach Hotel, it has got good reviews and we are looking forward to it.

Lynne

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anybody been to Antalya area in Turkey, then to Cyprus?

Crystal Springs looks gorgeous but like already been said its a lot different than the hotels in Lara beach. I Love Cyprus cos of the food, beaches, scenery and people. Tbh i would go back to turkey every year but my fella likes Cyprus more and there's something about this place that draws us back all the time!

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anybody been to Antalya area in Turkey, then to Cyprus?

Crystal Springs looks gorgeous but like already been said its a lot different than the hotels in Lara beach. I Love Cyprus cos of the food, beaches, scenery and people. Tbh i would go back to turkey every year but my fella likes Cyprus more and there's something about this place that draws us back all the time!

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anybody been to Antalya area in Turkey, then to Cyprus?

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

We've been recommended the Olympic Lagoon so will deffo have a look at that..

Thanks again

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anybody been to Antalya area in Turkey, then to Cyprus?

Hi we'll look at this hotel too..

Many thanks

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anybody been to Antalya area in Turkey, then to Cyprus?

Hiya thanks again for replying yesterday.

We've been looking at the Olympic Lagoon but can't seem to get a price anywhere on line...baffled.com !!

My friend did say it may be because the rooms don't hold 4 people, and kids would have to top and tail..which we don't want them to do..

Any ideas please ?

Thanks

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anybody been to Antalya area in Turkey, then to Cyprus?

They have a variety of different rooms as it is quite a large resort. I think you would probably need to go for a Junior Suite. Expect to pay £127.50 per person per night in high season (£103.50 for the kids) - that's before flights are paid for! Not sure who you should book with - I know Thomas Cook do the Olympic but I would either ring or use a travel agent to make sure you are definitely getting the type of room you want.

Get answers to your questions about Protaras