We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartments with wheelchair facilities

Liverpool
Level Contributor
95 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Apartments with wheelchair facilities

Hi,

I am hoping to go back to Protaras this year. We last went in 2010. Although we had a brilliant time and I was pleasently surprised at how much better the access was (always expect to struggle with my wheelchair), the only downside was the bathroom in our apartment. It was very tiny, I could just about get my chair into use the toilet (although several bruises on my knees probably proved I struggled more than I care to admit) and had no chance of using the shower as it was over the bath so really struggled and by the end of the fortnight was desperate to get home to have a proper long shower.

Would anyone know of any apartments that have good wheelchair facilities, in particular the bathroom facilities? Ideally we'd like to be situated near to Fig Tree Bay beach, near to the nightlife.

I have looked on the sites but not much information is given about the room/bathroom facilities and after our experience in 2010, I am a little wary of just booking without having an idea of what the facilities are like.

Thanks.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartments with wheelchair facilities

I know the Golden Star has a couple of disabled rooms available but I think this is going to be Norwegian/Swedish only this year but you could try their sister hotel The Rising Star,check out their website www.yiannamarie.com and try sending them an email to confirm it any are available

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartments with wheelchair facilities

Your other option is the Tsokkos hotel group,www.tsokkos.com, which own half a dozen or so hotels/apartments in resort

Liverpool
Level Contributor
95 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartments with wheelchair facilities

Thanks Paul, it was the Rising Star that we stayed in last time and despite being told it our apartment was suitable, which the living room/bedroom area was, the bathroom was not ideal for me. We did ask if we could move rooms but were told that all bathrooms were the same spec.

I will look at the other website you recommended. I'm not sure if I looked at any apartments in that chain but it's worth a look.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartments with wheelchair facilities

here is a list of hotel groups within Cyprus

Good luck

http://www.cyprus-hotel.com/

Kev

Suffolk
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartments with wheelchair facilities

Hi we were in Cyprus last year and we looked at the accommodation in Happy Days, the apartments are Self catering, with a double sized walk in shower, nice lounge/kichenette and seperate bedroom. My husband is disabled (amputee above the knee) and we were told it would be fine to put a plastic chair from the balcony in the shower for him to sit on. If you are able to manage about 8 steps there is a lift which will take you from the reception area to the apartments. We are hoping to take his wheelchair for the first time this year but he can manage with crutches for short distance's. They are lovely apartments and very reasonably priced.

6. Re: Apartments with wheelchair facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2013, 10:24
Get answers to your questions about Protaras