We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in cyprus in august

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pontefract, United...
1 post
Save Topic
weather in cyprus in august

hi i am thinking about booking onto a holiday with my family in august. I have a 1 year old boy and i was wondering if it would be too hot for him in august?

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
206 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in cyprus in august

Well it is certainly too hot for me , I do realise that some people love / like it like this but i find it very debilitating .

It can get into the high 30's so i guess you will have to decide yourself if thats too high ? ..

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,959 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in cyprus in august

scorching hot i always go in september best month in my opinion

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in cyprus in august

It will be hot and possibly humid, August is the one month I have not been rained on yet. The problem with such a young child is do you know how he reacts to hot days, my daughter has no problems but my son has to be very careful and will not come to visit us in August however wet and cold UK might be. So if it is possible I would go for July or September for a first trip to a hot climate.

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in cyprus in august

The average temp here in August is in the '40's and I have known it to go above 50 degrees, Its the one month of the year that I go travelling for cooler climes.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras, Cyprus
Level Contributor
946 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in cyprus in august

Its the time of year we go and sometimes we have been and its been too hot to move (because of the humidity) but when that drops its hot but much more user friendly. When its too hot its more time in the shade and the pool etc...

and always no matter what, even when we've been as early as APRIL - SUN CREAM SUN CREAM SUN CREAM ! and thats just for us. With the children its much higher factor smothered on and on...

Steve

London, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in cyprus in august

Hot...Hot...Hot.... We can't travel any other time of year because we have children of school age, but when we had our first daughter, we always went mid September, the water was still nice and warm, but the temperature had cooled down enough to not be uncomfortable.

Hope this helps

England, United...
Level Contributor
735 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in cyprus in august

Lots of good advice above. We usually go in July and August. As other have said, it is very hot. However, whether or not it is too hot will depend on you and your son. I have always been fine in very hot climes, even as a very little boy.

Paphos can be quite humid at that time of the year but Pissouri (down the coast a bit) appreciably less so. I'd avoid Nicosia, at least in the middle of the day.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: weather in cyprus in august

Just like any other hot climate in the world Cyprus is no different but as long as you keep your child in the shade most of the time during the day and use very high high factor suncream then you should have an enjoyable time. Children at that age will probably be not accustomed to the severe weather then adults just be vigilant

Kev

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather in cyprus in august

July and August are extremely hot. I've been twice mid July and won't do it again. Not much fun showering to go out in the evening only to find once you are dressed you need a shower again. Children however do seem able to cope but make sure they are well covered in the sun and lots of sun lotion is essential. Mid June and September are lovely times, nice and warm but without the humidity. The other downside for me in peak season is that it is really too hot to enjoy food as the portions in Cyprus are enormous but you just don't have the appetite. The plus side is that the sea is lovely and warm and you can take regular dips to cool off.

South East England
Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather in cyprus in august

We went last August and are coming again this August with our children who will be aged 4 and 6. It is hot but they coped really well, buy them a UV suit, hat and plenty of factor 50.

The sea in Cyprus is gorgeous and to be honest it's so hot we spent large parts of the day in there. I'm sure it's more pleasant during September but if you have no choice then don't worry your toddler will be fine just make sure they drink plenty of fluids and you have a/c

Have a great holiday!

Get answers to your questions about Protaras