We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

temperature in the evening?

wrexham
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
temperature in the evening?

Hi All, Never been to Cyprus before and was wondering what the temps would be like going out in the evening?

We are travelling the 1st May, will I need a thick cardi or jumper at night or will it be warm enough for something lighter?....

Cant wait for a well earned rest.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
325 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: temperature in the evening?

Hi, we went to protaras 1st may last year and some evenings I wore a denim jacket as it was a little chilly, son wore a hoody most nights with shorts. Days were lovely and warm, sunbathing weather...no jacket required!

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: temperature in the evening?

Thin cardi will suffice unless heading into the mountains, 20 degrees at night here at the moment.

wrexham
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: temperature in the evening?

thank you for the info, cant wait.......sun here we come

Suffolk
Level Contributor
297 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: temperature in the evening?

We've been beginning of May several years and find that just like here it varies from year to year, ie sometimes you don't need anything on your arms at night but other years it has been very windy and quite chilly and you may need a jacket....one year my husband had to buy one as he didn't take anything long sleeved! As for daytime, this can vary too, we've had wind and rain and at other times temperatures in the 80s. Whatever the weather I'm sure you'll have a great holiday. We never used to go back to the same place twice but have now been to Protaras 7 times!

Kent
Level Contributor
6,236 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: temperature in the evening?

roll on june, how nice to know that every day is gonna be hot, can't wait

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras, Cyprus
Level Contributor
946 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: temperature in the evening?

we've been in May twice before and I tend to be wearing a short sleeved shirt, but my other half will have a light cardy on...

Steve

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: temperature in the evening?

Forecast is looking rather nice... only dropping to 16C at night...

www.weather.com/weather/tenday/CYXX0001

We go on the 27th.

8. Re: temperature in the evening?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 23:15
Get answers to your questions about Protaras