We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Odessa Hotel Protaras - Building Work

Sheffield, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Odessa Hotel Protaras - Building Work

I have booked to go to the Odessa Hotel in June

I have heard that there is building work going off near the hotel, does anyone know if it's new building work or if it's the existing building work next to the Vrissiana Hotel?

Just want some more info on where about's the building work is located as looked on Google maps at the hotel and there doesn't seem to be much space to build around the Odessa Hotel

Bristol, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Odessa Hotel Protaras - Building Work

We are going to the Odessa in two weeks time and have just heard from our travel agent that work is going on by the hotel. Foundations have been layed and the building is now going up!! Thomas Cook are saying that the hotel trying to allocate quiet rooms!!!

Suffolk
Level Contributor
351 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Odessa Hotel Protaras - Building Work

We've just heard from Thomas Cook too and we're going to the Odessa next week! Don't really know what to do. We got a great deal on this hotel when we booked a year ago - and now they're saying you can change your holiday and won't pay admin charges but still have to pay additional cost if holiday is more expensive! I think they've won don't you?! think we'll just go for it and if its really bad kick up a stink when we get there. What's anyone else going to do?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Odessa Hotel Protaras - Building Work

Does anyone have any idea when the building work will be finished?

Sheffield, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Odessa Hotel Protaras - Building Work

I am just going to keep an eye on the reviews on here, so far the people that have been over the last few weeks haven't mentioned it on their reviews and I think if it was that bad it would be the 1st thing they would mention.

The reviews that have been put on are stating how great the hotel is so from this I wouldn't worry

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Odessa Hotel Protaras - Building Work

I'm not going until next May when we get married in Protaras that's why I'm worried!

Scotland
Level Contributor
680 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Odessa Hotel Protaras - Building Work

I am going in October to the Odessa and I am not worried about the building work.

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Odessa Hotel Protaras - Building Work

Im sure it will be finished in a couple of weeks and Ive heard that for those staying there in the near future the work shouldnt be too intrusive

Scotland
Level Contributor
217 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Odessa Hotel Protaras - Building Work

have just returned from oddessa hotel i was informed 16 hour before i flew out

and i didnt want to go but when i got there it wasnt that bad it more affects the side rooms so ask for a back room facing tsokkos beach hotel but there is a lot of building work in protaras at the moment i have just written a reveiw on the odessa hope that will help answer some questions

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Odessa Hotel Protaras - Building Work

just returned from the Odessa and apart from rubble lorries using the side road to the hotel that runs to the beach there was not any noise to worry about ,there wsa more noise coming from the bar adjoning the hotel Sofa-Sofa,where the music is banging out till 4am more so on weekends

Mentioned in this post
Sofa Sofa
Sofa Sofa
18 Reviews
Protaras, Cyprus
Glasgow, United...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Odessa Hotel Protaras - Building Work

If you search Google Earth you wil see that not only are there building going on at the moment there are 3 seperate build projects around the Odessa Hotel. I am due to go there in 6 days through Thomas Cook who informed me today that there are buliding work going on, it was nice of them to let me know bearing in mind i leave in less than a week, I asked them about 4 months ago if there was any building works being done as I saw on google earth there was 3 building sites the looked as if they were ready for building and they said no. Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear. if I have to stay in thishotel I will let you know what to expect.