We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

building work in front of the odessa hotel

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
building work in front of the odessa hotel

Does any one know how big this hotel is going to be and when it will be completed.Iam going in june next yr for my daughters wedding,thomas cook never told us when booking that it will no longer be beach front with sea views...

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: building work in front of the odessa hotel

Its gonna be blooming massive! Youre right, they should have told you. Ask them to move to another hotel if you feel the lack of views will spoil things for you.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: building work in front of the odessa hotel

Not Happy about this :(

Ive got a party of 24 going to Odessa Hotel Nxt August (2013) for a Wedding at Vrissana Hotel.

How long does it take to Build?

Will it be Complete by next August?

So much for the Sea View ;(

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: building work in front of the odessa hotel

Well as nobody knows exactly what or how large the building is going to be then all the surmising how big it is going to be is pointless,Personally no matter how big this new building will be you will still have a sea view

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: building work in front of the odessa hotel

Disagree with last message, it's going to stop a really lovely view. And I don't want to be sunbathing with the shadows of cranes over my head. Noise 7am-7pm everyday. Deffo going to be a hotel. Trying to find out more from Cyprus as I text this.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: building work in front of the odessa hotel

How do you know it's going to be a hotel as I haven't seen anything advertised for a new hotel,I will be there is a few weeks and will find out from a few local friends,one of whom own's the Bikini bar behind which this building work is taking place.

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: building work in front of the odessa hotel

I will look forward to hearing what you find out,but the most annoying thing is lack of information from thomas cook they are advertising it as beach front at time of booking.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: building work in front of the odessa hotel

The Odessa has never been what I would call 'beach front' as you had to walk across waste ground to get to the beach

pontefract west...
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: building work in front of the odessa hotel

All, i am now worried aswell.

We are getting married here next may!! eeeekkk!! i hope all the buliding work is completed? xx

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: building work in front of the odessa hotel

My daughter is getting married in 8 weeks and we are staying at odessa hotel, we have stayed here before and its a really good hotel. Ie.mailed them with my concerns over the building ,work and they said that there is some outside contractor and they are flatening the land behind odessa and no views from hotel or pool area are affected, there is no hotel being built. By the way the land was a waste ground area and it needed doing.hope this helps.

Suffolk
Level Contributor
297 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: building work in front of the odessa hotel

When I was out there last week a Cypriot friend told us there is a hotel being built by a private individual but at present he is getting a lot of grief from Mr Tsokkos so not sure I believe what the Management are saying! That being said, no building work was done whilst we were there for a fortnight so maybe its on hold due to legal issues or something?!

Get answers to your questions about Protaras