We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help choosing hotel in protatas please

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lincolnshire
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
help choosing hotel in protatas please

hi there ,

please could anyone help me to choose a nice hotel in protaras, near

a beach and fairly central to shops and restaurants. dont mind self catering or h/b. prefer to be not to close to lively ,noisy bars and clubs.any suggestions appreciated, looking to book for this august with either thomsons ,thomas cook etc..

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help choosing hotel in protatas please

If you want the best try these 3..

- Sunrise Pearl (new hotel)

- Sunrise Beach

- Capo Bay

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help choosing hotel in protatas please

Try the Rising Star or if you want something cheaper try the Evalena or Platomare although it is in Pernera and a bit quieter

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help choosing hotel in protatas please

Hi, the Evalena is next door to the Rising Star and is in a very good location. We went 3 years ago and loved it, especially if you get a balcony overlooking the pool and the sea. It is very basic accommodation but clean and we would go back in a flash Barbara.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help choosing hotel in protatas please

The brilliant apts are fab. In thomsons brochure. Newly refurbed. Fantastic huge pool great location near strip but not on it so u can sleep at night. Stayed there end may this yr and highly recommend

Level Contributor
49 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help choosing hotel in protatas please

I'd go along with the rising star. Right on beach, quite and few mins walk from main strip. Sunrise pearl and capo bay are top of the range 5* hotels, if treating yourself I would book one of them although I was in protaras last week and sunrise pearl wasn't fully finished. If your on a budget I heard platomare is nice downside it's a good walk albeit nice walk along the boardwalk on the coastline. Sweet memories is also quiet, very reasonable and near to everything.

One thing that is a certainty no matter what hotel/apt you book you will have a fantastic holiday.

A must when in protaras is Molti restaurant and if staying at rising star pay a visit to yianna Marie restaurant across the road and order the chicken surprise.

brookie0079
Level Contributor
91 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help choosing hotel in protatas please

I would also recommend the Rising Star but only book room only or BB as there are too many fantastic places to eat out!

They are in a lovely quiet spot over the looking the full coast line of Protaras and at the same time only about 5 minutes walk up on to the main road!

I have stayed there many times and love them!

if you would consider booking yourself look at Happy Days hotel, they are a really small family run hotel perfectly located; the owners are amazing and extremely good price! They are rather dated but you dont go on holiday to sit in your room so they are more than adequate for what you need and very very spacious! we go in 2 weeks and are staying there again...cant wait!

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: help choosing hotel in protatas please

hi there, thankyou everybody for your replies much appreciated. gonna have a good look at them all and decide. thankyou.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: help choosing hotel in protatas please

We have been to Cyprus several times and we prefere staying in Pernera which is next to Protaras there is a beautiful walkway that connects them Pernera is quieter and has lovely places to eat we love the place we like staying at the Dominiki it does self catering and i think B&B family run and you are straight onto the Pernera Beach.Protaras is very commerlized loads of bars .

We are back to Pernera in Sept goin to the Anastasia Beach apartments allinclusive that is near the beach.Also the Rising Star is in a good location my son stayed there when we were over for my other son wedding 3 years ago they loved it there .

Edited: 30 June 2012, 18:20
Armadale, United...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: help choosing hotel in protatas please

Capo Bay is amazing!

10. Re: help choosing hotel in protatas please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 23:46