We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Georgia Restaurant, Protaras - Voilet Waiter?!?!?!

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
116 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Georgia Restaurant, Protaras - Voilet Waiter?!?!?!

Opps - sorry cannot update spelling error in title but meant to say Violent!!

I thought I should draw your attention to what my husband and I witnessed last night in Protaras.

My husband and I were outside the Georgia Steak Restaurant in Protaras (corner one) watching the Michael Jackson impersonator in the pub opposite when a young girl came flying out of the restaurant and landly heavily in the road. I thought she was a little tipsy and fell over, but within seconds, two men then came flying out of the restaurant into the street and road and fighting.

The young girl was shouting stop it, stop hitting my dad to a guy that was dress in black trousers and a white shirt (so am assuming he is the waiter). The waiter continued to beat the man in his 50's up and flipped him into the air and he landed very hard on the kerbside hitting his back/shoulder head area. Whilst down the "waiter" kicked the man.

The young girl pulled the "waiter" off and he eventually went back into the restaurant.

My husband stood in shock at what we had just witnessed, surely no customer deserves to be through out of a restaurant and beaten up - this was in front of young children too.

The wife then walked out of the restaurant, got her husband up and thankfully walked off with their daughter.

That was extreme violence I did not expect to see in a holiday resort - especially with young kids around.

The restaurant should be ashamed of such behaviour of their staff, I cannot think what these people did to deserve such treatment.

I hope they are all well after that very scary experience.

This really put a downer on our evening in Protaras and felt I should share the situation as I for one would certainly not go in that restaurant on principle.

Blackcat73

Edited: 04 July 2012, 17:34
Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Georgia Restaurant, Protaras - Voilet Waiter?!?!?!

Wow, that must have been awful, for you watching and for the family involved. You just can't imagine what would have provoked that. Hope the family have recovered.Are you still on holiday, if so I hope it doesn't spoil the rest of you stay there. Barbara

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
3,000 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Georgia Restaurant, Protaras - Voilet Waiter?!?!?!

the owner usually stands outside with black trousers and white shirt he lookes in his fifties he fancies himself a bit but has put a bit of weight on last few years

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Georgia Restaurant, Protaras - Voilet Waiter?!?!?!

The guy who normally stands outside this resturant is not the owner. He is called Paul and is more like a PR person. He is very good at his job, he promotes the restaurant without being too pushy.

The set menus are very good value and the food is very good quality.

Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Georgia Restaurant, Protaras - Voilet Waiter?!?!?!

Don't care how good the food is treating peaple like that especialy with children doesen't deserve any costemers

south of england
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Georgia Restaurant, Protaras - Voilet Waiter?!?!?!

Paulnsally , couldn't agree more , that sort of behaviour should be nipped in the bud , if it happens again then that waiter or who ever he is should be sacked and prosecuted .

You don't expect that sort of behaviour anywhere , it's totally unacceptable , in front of children is the last straw , the restaurant should do something about this .

Gaza

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Georgia Restaurant, Protaras - Voilet Waiter?!?!?!

I agree that this was an awful incident for the family involved and for the people who witnessed it outside the restaurant. I condone any type of violence. no matter what happened inside the restaurant it could not justify such behaviour.

Hopefully restaurant management will have investigated the incident and put measures in place to prevent this happening in the future otherwise they are going to have no business.

derbyshire, uk
Level Contributor
138 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Georgia Restaurant, Protaras - Voilet Waiter?!?!?!

food had gone downhill when we went in june and after this doubt we will visit again.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
3,000 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Georgia Restaurant, Protaras - Voilet Waiter?!?!?!

the waiter should get a dose of his own medicine

south of england
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Georgia Restaurant, Protaras - Voilet Waiter?!?!?!

" the waiter should get a dose of his own medicine. "

No , I disagree , if everyone were to boycott the place then that would be good punishment .

Level Contributor
49 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Georgia Restaurant, Protaras - Voilet Waiter?!?!?!

Mob mentality at its finest. You have spread a rumour, an assumption you think might have happened. Are you 100% sure it was a waiter? Are you 100% sure he,the attacker, is/was connected to the restaurant? Do you know what happened to trigger the fight? Could the "father" have done something terrible inside the restaurant to the so called "waiters" wife or child? If I was you I would pray you have got all your facts/guesses correct because if you haven't you have just slandered and slurr the name of this restaurant and branded it's staff violent, let's hope you do not receive a solicitors letter.

To conclude this person does not know what happened and is merely speculating as to what they thought happened.

Edited: 07 July 2012, 11:55
Get answers to your questions about Protaras