We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groceries (Pernera)

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Groceries (Pernera)

Hi all

Just needed a little advice if possible; we’ll be arriving at our villa at approximately 22:00 on Saturday Aug 4th and was wondering if it would be possible to get some groceries from anywhere that may be open. Ill have my 2 grandchildren (5 & 3) so would imagine it would be to late to go out to have something to eat as I’m sure they’ll both be extremely tired after travelling all day.

Were staying in the Pernera area and I think there’s is a supermarket about a mile away but not too sure what the name of it is or if it will still be open

Thanks in advance for any help,

Trevor

Dukinfield, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Groceries (Pernera)

they all close around 10

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Groceries (Pernera)

Hi Trev

Does you villa not leave you a welcome pack? we bkd thru destinationcyprus.net and we had a welcome pack bread, milk etc so at least you can make something. There is a kebab place across from the Anastasia Hotel where you could probably get some chips etc to takeaway.

Diane

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,951 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Groceries (Pernera)

Just back and they were definately open after ten think about 11 they were starting to close

Deryneia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
291 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Groceries (Pernera)

Actually there are 24 hour kiosks if you don't mind a bit of a walk.

Firstly there is a kiosk in Pernera, near Kartanas which was advertising itself as 24 hour a couple of months ago.

Secondly, there are a few 24 hour kiosks on the main road between Pernera and Protaras, and if I recall correctly one just before you get there.

We've been past there at 3 in the morning following an Airport pick up and they've been open.

Although I can't say it with absolute certainty, I do think there are places open. You could always get a taxi as they will almost certainly know somewhere that's open. Cyprus will usually provide if you ask!

5. Re: Groceries (Pernera)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 06:16