We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Protaras - brief trip review

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Prague
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Protaras - brief trip review

We have just returned and we really enjhoyed it - it was, however, a bit too hot for me at 32 C everyday. My wife and daughter loved sitting at the beach so they were fine :-).

We stayed at the Iliada Beach Hotel and I have written a review, it was very nice. I must comment on other reviews where they say locals descend on the hotel. Why on earth are you going abroad if you can not mingle with the locals, look at the parking lot of this hotel over the weekend and almost all the cars are owned by Cypriot residents - can't they have a weekend away too???

We ate out at lunch every day and found some really good deals, across from the hotel and down to the left about 150 meters is a bakery that have a wonderful salad bar - a small salad (as much as you can put in the container = lots!) is EUR 2.95. Evening meals can be had everywhere with most places having boards outside with set menus starting at EUR 8.95. Pubs have sports and entertainment - we saw the Blues brothers and they were great. Local beer about EUR 1.80 a pint English lagers 2.50.

Free wifi in many places hotels tend to charge about 6 Eur an hour

very much a family resort, restaurants with kids areas and kids menus, families strolling around at all hours.

we took the cocacola boat - well worth 2 adults and 1 kid just 20 EUR

The local buses are good and cheap as well.

I had planned to rent a motorcycle but they had bald tires and so I didn't - if they can't fix something that obvious...

We will go back if we can...

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Protaras - brief trip review

Great review Praguepivo, glad you had such a good time :) And gotta admit I agree with your comments sbout the locals....I live very near the beach and I have every right to spend the day down there in the summer - even tho it's often full of tourists! Cyprus for me in 7 weeks :)))

London, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Protaras - brief trip review

I must comment on other reviews where they say locals descend on the hotel. Why on earth are you going abroad if you can not mingle with the locals, look at the parking lot of this hotel over the weekend and almost all the cars are owned by Cypriot residents - can't they have a weekend away too???

very true, ive noticed reviews like that. its like saying i cant visit a hotel in brighton because i live in the uk. erm no everyone is entitled to a holiday wether that be in their own country or not :)

costa del coppull
Level Contributor
117 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Protaras - brief trip review

hi there, me and my partner are off to protaras 3 weeks saturday (cant wait), we plan on hiring a scooter/ quad. are you saying that they dont look very safe?? just wondering as im having second thoughts =-)))

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Prague
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Protaras - brief trip review

jobaxi, they are everywhere, my view is that if they can't be bothered to put a new tire on for safety sakes then what else are they not doing that you can't see. I would rent a buggy!

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Protaras - brief trip review

It's as cheap to hire a car than to hire a quad bike.we got a car for two days for €59.00 the only extra was we got a full tank of petrol and had leave it back full so cost us another €10.00

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Protaras - brief trip review

Paul- LFC, where did you hire your car from ?

Julie.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Protaras - brief trip review

Windmills opposite Bells on the strip,have been using Alex for years for both car hire and changing money.

The €59.00 was for a small Toyota Aygo c/w air con which was handy as it is exactly like the wife's Peugeot 107 so she was happy to drive as well and I could have a few beers lol!

8. Re: Protaras - brief trip review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Protaras
Recent Conversations