We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Red Bus Tour

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
The Red Bus Tour

I was just looking at the red bus tour website and would like to ask a quick question.

Both the Famagusta day trip and Village tour look good although to do both will cost around 50 euros per adult by the looks of it.

While the money is not a problem what i would like to know is would it be worth doing both or just one?

Do both trips go to the same places or are they two completely different tours?

Thanks in advance.

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
671 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Red Bus Tour

They are 2 completely different tours. The village tour goes around passing through some of the villages on the east coast and goes along the green line where you can see into the occupied area of Cyprus. You will have a short break at a local kiosk where you can get a refreshment or fresh fruit. and commentary on the area. This tour lasts approx 2 1/2 hours(morning trip).

The other tour goes over the border into the occupied area (you will need passport). You will spend some time in the walled area of famagusta for shopping/food or sight seeing. You will then be taken to the beach at Varosha which isin front of the area they called the 'ghost town'. This is where the residents had to leave during the occupation of Cyprus. It basically stands the same way as it did in 1974. The town is fenced off and guarded by UN staff. You can see the buildings that were bombed etc.This tour lasts4/5 hours

Both trips are great value for money and the information given is very good and the guys who do the tours are great fun too.

And no I don't work for them in any way lol. Whatever tour you choose you will have a great day

south of england
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Red Bus Tour

That's great info linzistenso , very informative .

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Red Bus Tour

Thank you for that linzistenso.

Both tours look good and i am pleased that they are both different.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Red Bus Tour

I agree with the first answer both both of these tours are brilliant. see the reviews on things to do on the protaras/ famagusta. forums

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Red Bus Tour

How long are you there for i would book online for either of the trips as they are very popular i have been on both trips but on different holidays to Cyprus.The village trip is great very interesting and last year i went on the Famagusta trip it was unbelivable we were very lucky to get on as i say it is very popular i was on hols with my son and my daughter-in-law as well as the grandaughter just me and my son went .Got picked up outside the Anastasia hotel at 10.30am we went on the thursday you go to Famagusta town then to the beach where you cant belive your eyes at the area of the ghost town well worth the money .I am goin back to Pernera in a few weeks and have booked online to take my partner on the Famagusta trip as i enjoyed it so much well worth the money .Booking online i think is the best way to make sure you get your place you dont pay for it till the day of the trip.

Edited: 28 August 2012, 19:09
Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Red Bus Tour

We are in Cyprus for 10 days although having looked on the website i cannot see where you can book online.

I have just emailed the company to ask if it is possible to book online or can we book when we get there.

Thanks for your help :)

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Red Bus Tour

I just found the online booking form redbuscyprus.com/ContactUs/OnlineBookings.as… although they ask for just about every piece of information going? is it safe to give all of that information online?

Has anyone else booked via the online form?

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
671 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Red Bus Tour

Yes it very safe to book online however if you unsure give them a telephone call and they will take all the details that way...you do not have to pay until the day of the trip. If doing the famagusta tour they do ask for lots of information such as passport numbers..date of birth etc. This is so that the tour organisers can sort out your visa to go over to the occupied area.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Red Bus Tour

We have done both trips and they are value for money, trust me.

Cornwall
Level Contributor
310 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Red Bus Tour

We have done both trips and yes, I booked the Famagusta trip online. They will need your passport numbers if you do it this way.

These tours are a must, they are fantastic. We have done the village tour a couple of times now. They run morning or afternoon trips and pick up firstly in Pernera, and then in Protaras. I think it is 9.45am pick up in Pernera for the morning trip and approx 2.00pm for the afternoon trip.

The Famagusta trip is well worthwhile and the history Alan and Dave give you about what went on is brilliant. Even the music as you go up the hill into the walled city gives you goose bumps.

There are certain shops and restaurants in Famagusta they have done deals with and if you show them your red bus tour ticket, you will get a small discount.

Swimming in the sea on the beach at Varosha in front of 4 bombed out hotels is quite surreal.

Do go and enjoy.

Sharon

Get answers to your questions about Protaras
Recent Conversations