We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Larnaca airport to Kapparis

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dorking, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi from Larnaca airport to Kapparis

Due to the great help we had on our first visit to Cyprus, Paphos, I feel duty bound to ask again for the next trip. We're off to Malama Holiday Village, Kapparis this time. Aegean Airlines have come up with a great deal to Larnaca and although we would have loved to go back to the Akteon Holiday Village the flights via Easyjet to Paphos were extortionate! I digress. We are due to arrive at the airport at 23-15. Would you recommend booking a taxi via 'grab that cab' or 'transfers4u' or just jump in one when we get there, will there be plenty available that time of night?

Thanks in advance everyone, Tim etc

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,947 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Larnaca airport to Kapparis

Definitely pre-book as oppose to jumping in an airport cab..........it's an expensive way of doing the journey

Greenhithe, Kent...
Level Contributor
493 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Larnaca airport to Kapparis

I would certainly book your taxi in advance.

There are always taxis waiting outside for a fare but I have read on here many people have been ripped off price wise;[captured audiance] where as if you book you can agree a price before hand.

Most of the UK flights can arrive late at night or even the early hours of the morning around 02:00ish. So 23:00hrs is earlier for them!! lol. yes, I have seen the deals from Aegean with the extras included.

I have used Olympic Taxi which are local to that part \ area and they have taken me to the same hotel in Kapparis.[not linked to UK Hols Company].

When are you travelling and how many of you?

Happy to help further with any other questions.

Dorking, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Larnaca airport to Kapparis

Thanks for this Dawn. We arrive Fri 5th April, due to land at 11-15 pm, 2 adults and 2 girls, 17 & 13. We were looking since Christmas but the flights were going up and up with EZY to both Pathos & Larnaca. Then Aegean came along with the deal to Larnaca. We wanted to go back to Akteon as we're not sure how the weather will be and at least we'd be comfortable there if it wasnt great, but flights, not hotel, too expensive. That's why we went for the Aegean flights to Larnaca. Weather seems ok so hope we've made the right choice!?

Tim

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,947 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Larnaca airport to Kapparis

I'm sure the weather will be fine but April is very hit & miss.......last year we had golf ball size hailstones in April and high winds with heavy rain for 2 weeks !.........2011 was the opposite, much warmer and only the odd light shower.........

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,942 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Larnaca airport to Kapparis

Hi dont worry you will love the Malama.

Pernera protaras and ayia napa are all in easy reach if you fancy a change of scenery.

Greenhithe, Kent...
Level Contributor
493 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Larnaca airport to Kapparis

Paphos / Pafos would be more busier in April that this end of the island. That is why the prices differ I guess and Pafos doesn't have as many flights like LCA.

I used to always go to Pafos and had to fight for the seats; regardless of the price!! Rather than fly to LCA and then have to drive. I think flight prices are high this year but such is life at the moment.

Spoke to Cyprus / Protaras today and they said it was at least 22 degrees and warm sunshine. I was there last year in early April for both Easters [UK & CY] and it was lovely. Really warm but summer did arrive early last year for CY. But you can have the odd rain showers too. So be prepared But it is warmer than the UK!

Greenhithe, Kent...
Level Contributor
493 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Larnaca airport to Kapparis

The hotel is lovely and I have had good reports.

The coastal walk is nice too which links the other resorts together, from Kapparis to Pernera and Protaras. most parts it is like decking and runs at the back of most other hotels. Protaras will be busier. Ayia Napa will be quiet as that doesn't get started till May time, but visit the lovely beaches, Nissi etc.

Also, the parish town Parlimni is good too; both old and new town.

It has a main high street with larger shops. M&S.!! lol.

Also not forgetting Kapo Greeco.

Dorking, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Larnaca airport to Kapparis

Thanks all of you for your prompt responses, apart from miss_chief1, gonna hide your one from my wife! Lol but thanks for your input ha ha

Dawn, Barkin, did you actually stay at the Malama?

All of you are what makes TA so good and inspired me to 'actually' review on our last holiday.

Good on y'all

Greenhithe, Kent...
Level Contributor
493 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from Larnaca airport to Kapparis

Yes, I stayed there in Sept 2011 and visited it for evenings since.

Popular hotel with different nationalies too. Lovely facilites and it seemed to me lots to do during the day. Friendly staff.

I was there in April last year as I said for 15 days. Had brillant weather, I think Cyprus cried when I went home! I was told the weather changed when I left. It rained when I got on the plane.

You can tell I LOVE CYPRUS!! and don't really want to go any where else. I try to promote it too for the local people.

Dorking, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from Larnaca airport to Kapparis

Good on you Dawn. We only went on my parents recommendation, then it was a no brainer to go back. I used a tiny shop 5 mins from the Akteon to get a newspaper each day, a lovely lady ran it, that's why I went back. Stopped and had a beer or water and a chat each day. There's a shop on site too and he's a lovely man but I'm loyal!

The weather you gave us was very uplifting, so I guess you have friends there. Is there a site/webcam to get actual temps rather than the regimented web garb we all know is processed from a weather station somewhere. That's my experience anyway. Eg; web 22, actual 26

Get answers to your questions about Protaras