We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

to go or not to go

Splott, null...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
to go or not to go

hoping to get a holiday in Cyprus next month, a bit concerned about the eu bailout. will the bars & restaurants be up & running as normal. x

Scotland
Level Contributor
658 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: to go or not to go

I imagine it will be business as usual

Plymouth, England...
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: to go or not to go

I cant see there being a problem, the way i look at it is everyone still needs to earn a living, and i for one cant wait to get there on 24th July, roll on the good times and the sunny weather.

Paralimni, Cyprus
Level Contributor
302 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: to go or not to go

The way it stands at the moment.nobody has any guarantees. BUT ... the shops / bars / restaurants are getting ready to open, the cypriot welcome will be as genuine as usual, only thing I would say at this point, is bring cash if you can.

Protaras, Cyprus
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: to go or not to go

At work in Protaras at the moment and all is as usual with the bars getting ready to open, if any thing you will be more than welcome this year. Cant see the bailout having any effect on your holiday and we are still acepting card payments.

Dan.

Suffolk
Level Contributor
302 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: to go or not to go

Thanks for that dazzle....we're coming to Protaras mid May. Just wondered do you think prices of food, beer etc will go up?......has there been any talk of it?

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,006 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: to go or not to go

You only need look to Greece............no disruption, no changes and if anything they'll be desperate for holidaymakers and so the service levels may actually go up !

You might well meet a lot of disgruntled Russians though with today's announcement of 40% "tax" on their 100k + savings in Cypriot banks !!

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaka City
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: to go or not to go

All the banks, apart from 2, will open tomorrow. The other 2 will open on Thursday. I can't see anything causing problem to a tourist. I also watched the media during these days, but I would like to note that I was able to withdraw money from ATM machines and pay with my credit card as usual.

Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
26 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: to go or not to go

We're going to Pernera on the 12th May. Can't wait to get there... and the financial situation changes nothing for us. The people are wonderful and are having to deal with a worrying situation right now. I'm sure they'll be glad to welcome holiday makers and the business they bring with them.

London, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: to go or not to go

I'm going protaras July 10th. Hopefully the situation will be better by then but I'll just take cash if I have to.

Lytham St Anne's...
Level Contributor
270 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: to go or not to go

I thought Greece was very expensive last time I went, although that was when it was 1 euro to a pound uk, depends what it is now I guess

Get answers to your questions about Protaras