We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Protaras

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Protaras

Off to Protaras on 4th May. Never been to Cyprus before... What can I expect and what things can you advise to do or go and see.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Protaras

Depends on what you like doing,as Cyprus is not only full of historic places to see you also have

Boat trips-Captain Panikos personal favourite

Agia Napa- Nissi Beach and party capital at night,although will be quiet in May

Nicosia- Day trip to the capital and if you want cross the border for fake designer shopping

Red Bus Tour- Cross the border to see the 'ghost town' of Famagusta/Varosha

Troodos Mountains- Jeep Safari

This is just a sample of what the best island in the Med has to offer

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Protaras

Well sounds good thanks.

My first time to Cyprus and may mate and I are both in our thirties so looking for a bit of everything.

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Protaras

Sounds great. What are the prices like for meals and beer, days out etc.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Protaras

What apartments are you staying at?

Beer last year was anywhere between €1.80,Spinx bar, to €4.00 a pint.

Three course meal in Anatolia restaurant €7-18 depending on meal.

Waterpark in Agia Napa was about €35.00 or so best way to go it local bus only a couple of Euro for a day ticket.

Boat trip 2.5 hours or so €10.00 each with Cap Panikos.

If you into sport go to Ripples bar opposite the Spinx also does good snacks.

Anything else just ask

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Protaras

Staying in a villa in the area of Pernera, Protaras. Place looks nice and not too far from most things. Do you know this area ?

Thanks again

Edited: 22 April 2013, 14:08
Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Protaras

Never stayed in Pernera, always stay in Protaras,been the last 18 years, although have been in Pernera a few times as we used to go round to Chopsticks chinese,sadly closed now.

There are some nice restaurants in Pernera and Knights bar gets some good/bad reviews.

Protaras is only a short walk away either via the beach walkway or via the top road or if your lazy take the bus lol

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Protaras

Thanks for your info - i'm sure i'll have a good time. :-)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
Level Contributor
2,079 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Protaras

Hi Marc

We have stayed in both Pernera and Protaras. Pernera is quieter than Protaras but only 20 mins walk on coastal path, bus or taxi's if your feeling lazy. We too stay in a villa. There are some nice bars and restaurants in Pernera. For a good breakfast and lunch recommend Mojito's. Service can be slow but this is because the food is cooked for you nicely and not greasy and deep fried! If you want a late night snack kebab, burger etc there is a place across from the Anastasia hotel serving food till the early hours of the morning! For a good steak go to sizzlers that gets some good reviews. Bars Knights bar, Spectrum, Station, koko's we always go to if staying in Pernera. There are watersports on the beach at the beginning of the coastal path near the Marlita hotel, we have done paragliding with them a few times.

In Protaras you can get some great offers on food, ie 2 courses for 10 euros etc. Beer prices vary from bar to bar, the ones like Sofa Sofa etc you will pay more!

Have a great time, we are coming back to Pernera to stay in the same villa as last year in June and cannot wait!

Diane

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Protaras

Thanks Diane

I'm very much looking forward to it. The weather looks pretty good for early May. Great stuff.

Deryneia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
291 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Protaras

Pernera also now has one of the best tavernas in Cyprus. The owner of a village taverna known locally as "The Shack" has relocated to Pernera (on the site of the old Shalimar Indian restaurant).

Get answers to your questions about Protaras