We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Protaras - Public Transport

Stockton-On-Tees
Level Contributor
40 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Protaras - Public Transport

I'm going to a wedding next year in Cyprus. First time ever to Cyprus, quite excited! :)

The wedding is at Grecian Park Hotel, however we are not planning on staying at this hotel and have found Cavo Maris Beach Hotel which looks and sounds great from the reviews.

Please can someone advise of what the public transport in Protaras is like? Do bus's go by this hotel, and also looking to go to Ayia Napa for a trip out.

uk
Level Contributor
331 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Protaras - Public Transport

Local bus service stops outside both of the hotels.

Very efficent too.

Will take approx 10 mins from Cavo Maris to Grecian Park if that. Then the same bus goes into Ayia Napa taking approx another 10-15 mins.

Grecian Park is a beautiful hotel with lovely surroundings.

derbyshire
Level Contributor
134 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Protaras - Public Transport

Went past the hotel yesterday the bus stop is right out side on bus 101it cost €1 to ayai napa

Edited: 18 May 2013, 05:05
Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Protaras - Public Transport

can you tell me if they have upgraded the buses yet to newer more comfortable vehicles and whats the service like , normaly hire car or taxi but as a bus driver myself might give it a go if there new buses .

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Protaras - Public Transport

Alf, there was a lot of new buses introduced a couple of years ago which are fairly good although you still get the odd old one now and again

barnsley
Level Contributor
46 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Protaras - Public Transport

We use public transport a lot and find the buses to be comfortable and reliable, the only problem with them is that when the bus pulls up to the stop everyone charges for the door, it doesn't matter where you are in the queue nobody cares, it is a real free for all and something that I don't like. This tends to happen mostly when waiting for the bus back from Ayia Napa or the waterpark but even if there are just a few people waiting you still get pushed aside. I have to point out it is not British tourists that do this and last year we witnessed quite a few rows. I wonder if anybody else experienced this. The other annoying thing is when the bus is full and people are standing, the same rude people have their bags on the seat next to them because they don't want anyone to sit with them and if you ask them to move it they pretend not to understand.

On the plus side we have saved so much money over the years using buses as opposed to the taxi's we used the first year we visited as we like to visit Ayia Napa quite a few times. The only time we now use a taxi is when we have been to the waterpark as everyone leaves at the same time and the buses are packed to capacity with people standing everywhere which is quite dangerous as the electric doors at the side open in trapping people. This only happens at peak times and usually through the day the buses are great and on time.

Bilton Rugby
Level Contributor
879 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Protaras - Public Transport

I totally agree with you. We were in Paphos last year and they are the same there people of all ages and nationalaties pushing past you to get on the bus. We were by the door once because the bus was overflowing and my hubby got his arm trapped in the door. He could have broken it.

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Protaras - Public Transport

thanks for the info regarding the buses , good job I wasn't driving or they would not get on until they lined up properly . can not abide bad manners , must be my age . will give it a go thank you once again for your help . a good LFC supporter like me . YNWA

Stockton-On-Tees
Level Contributor
40 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Protaras - Public Transport

Hello, Many thanks for the replies to my message. I have finally booked up today, decided to stay at Iliada Beach Hotel instead bit more central for us. Do you know if there is a bus stop near this hotel? Going to Grecian Park Hotel and Ayia Napa.

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,967 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Protaras - Public Transport

There's a bus stop very close by on the main road, there's also several stops on the strip in Protaras..... you wont struggle from your hotel to find one.

You'll hit the Grecian Park hotel before Ayia Napa centre and there's a stop on the main road a short walk from the hotel. The bus then carries on into central Ayia Napa and on along Nissi Ave. and onto the waterpark (which is also the bus terminus) from here it then circles round and does the reverse route right along the coast again

Here's a map showing the route - http://goo.gl/maps/K9UUz and then onto Ayia Napa http://goo.gl/maps/XKn8u

Edited: 04 February 2014, 01:30
Stockton-On-Tees
Level Contributor
40 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Protaras - Public Transport

Great, thanks for the info :)

Get answers to your questions about Protaras