We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to watch sports - which bars best for it?

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Derby, United...
11 posts
Save Topic
Where to watch sports - which bars best for it?

Hi

I know going on holiday is meant to be relaxing and all that, but I'm a hardcore f1 fan. I'm missing the British gp this year because I will be in protaras.

Can anyone recommend any decent bars where I will be able to watch the race whilst sitting in the sun and having a beer??

Cheers

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
971 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to watch sports - which bars best for it?

Ripples or Rising Sun

Suffolk
Level Contributor
259 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to watch sports - which bars best for it?

We always go to Ripples....you won't find a friendlier place

Derby, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to watch sports - which bars best for it?

Cool

Thanks for the info. I'm going to the vrissiana hotel, never been before. Hope it's alright

Atherton
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to watch sports - which bars best for it?

suggest " Cool Waves " bar as you walk down the hill past McDonalds its on your left hand side slightly set back. 3 large screens outside,very comfy excellent service.

nottingham
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to watch sports - which bars best for it?

Ripples without a doubt!!!!

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to watch sports - which bars best for it?

We loved Zodiac Bar which is right next to your hotel - good choice of accommodation by the way, the Vrissiana is lovely :) Great location and theres loads of bars right near you to choose from.

Derby, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to watch sports - which bars best for it?

Thanks for that. Quite excited if I'm being honest. Have you stopped at the vrissiana before?

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to watch sports - which bars best for it?

No but we stayed at Sunrise Beach in September and our friends were at the Vrissiana which was just a couple of hotels along. You're right in the middle of everything and bang on the beach. Loads of bars on your doorstep, many of which have live entertainment on a night (tribute acts, musicians etc). Vrissiana is really modern, shaped like a big ship so it really stands out on the beachfront. We were going to book there but went for Sunrise Beach instead as we didn't want AI. We had a look round the Vrissiana though, very stylish and the rooms were again very modern, clean and fresh. Pool looked nice and there seemed to be plenty sunbeds. Our friends said the food was excellent with masses of choice - they certainly had no complaints! I remember them saying that for breakfast there was all the full English items as well as pancakes, cereals, pastries etc and a full table dedicated to "healthy options" ...I have a good memory when it comes to food haha! :) Is this your first time to Cyprus?

Scotland
Level Contributor
611 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to watch sports - which bars best for it?

Ripples Bar best for sport and best Cocktails

10. Re: Where to watch sports - which bars best for it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Protaras