We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitoes..

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Skien
10 posts
Save Topic
Mosquitoes..

10 sleeps untill depature, and I'm wondering if there's many mosquitoes at night ? (Or in general).. :)

Prudhoe...
Level Contributor
83 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitoes..

At night Just before you go out spray your room with Fly Killer Shut the door When you come back the smells all gone but you will be free of bugs for the rest of the night

Allways works for us The only time it did not was last year 1st night we forgot next morning three or four Bites ....It will not happen again

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitoes..

I would recommend using a deet-based repellent if you can, as well. The only time I got bitten was on my legs at night without mosquito repellent. It won't be happening this year! :)

berkshire
Level Contributor
406 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquitoes..

Yes there are some. be prepared I have a few bites. For some reason Avon so soft body lotion is good. I have just started using it because I hadn't seen any Mosquitos, but has always worked for me before.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquitoes..

I have been 7 times, all different times of year and we have never had a bite, this might depend on the location of hotel etc, but as I say never experienced a problem. I agree with previous comment about a spray with deet in it though, have used this in carribean islands and found it was the best.

Camborne, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mosquitoes..

Agree with the above post. Been going to Cyprus for many years, and again in September, never had a bite yet.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
Level Contributor
2,069 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mosquitoes..

We are in Protaras now been bitten lots bring some repellent!

barnsley
Level Contributor
46 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mosquitoes..

We've also been loads of times and have never had a single bite between us and we don't use any repellent at all. We did get bitten a few times when we stayed in Nissi Bay though.

Deryneia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
291 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mosquitoes..

I think I'm an acquired taste for mosquitos. Never had a problem for years but they seem to be becoming very fond of my blood now. We use a plug in repellent at night - but do check this regularly. as ours was seriously overheating and as they are used overnight this was a concern. There are loads of repellents available and people will swear by whatever works for them. The tips above are all good, and it's just a case of finding which works for you. We use the brand called Elephant which is effective, but apply it on the balcony - you'll see why if you do it indoors!

Note Cyprus mozzies also like to sample before having a full drink and you'll often end up with clusters of 3 or 4 bites in the same area if they like you.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mosquitoes..

Hi I went in October and I am terrible for getting bites even in the uk I used a boots sun cream with insect repellent & never had a problem

Kent, England
Level Contributor
795 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mosquitoes..

We are not normally bitten much in Cyprus but use the Avon skin so soft dry oil body spray (original) in the evening on exposed areas. Seems to do the trick for us, and safe for kids as well. We use a plug in at night just in case. We had no bites till we got to the airport yesterday and then I was bitten either in the airport or on the plane and have several nasty looking bites round my ankles. Must remember to put the avon on before we go next time.