We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Protaras

bolton
Level Contributor
71 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding in Protaras

Having a bit of a dilemma regarding negative info received from travel agents and positive info I have read on this forum...Im attending a wedding in Protaras May 2014 and have been advised to take cash in Euros with me plus take an extra 300/500 euros for emergencies as cards debit/credit not accepted as no money in ATMs/banks etc.....what I have found is prices for accommodation in 2014 has risen considerably higher by a few hundred pounds than 2013 prices...will it be cheaper for me in the long run to go AI rather than SC....have never been to Cyprus so dont really know what prices were before this financial crash happened...all advice much appreciated.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in Protaras

I don't know where you got this information from but it's a load of c**p,you can use cash,credit/debit cards and ATM's without any problems.

As far as prices being dearer for next year blame the tour operators like Thomas CROOK as they are the one's putting prices up not the local hotel owners etc.

As far as prices in resort they are the same as last year as because of more people going for 'sub standard' AI deals the local bars and restaurants are fighting for all the business they can get and thus they are keeping prices down.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in Protaras

Another thing is if there is a few of you going and don't mind sharing have a look at renting a villa and just book flights only.

Also you will find Olympic holidays alot cheaper than Thomas Crook or Thomsons.

Also if you look online you will usual find it's cheaper than in the shop although if your not comfortable with booking online print of the quote and you will find the shop will try to match it.

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in Protaras

I got the exact same advice from the so called experts(travel agents) before I went last month oh and did yours also mention that they could do you a very good rate!! Its fine out there with plenty of places changing sterling, tho the rate is no better than most of the online exchange rates. I took a pre paid travel credit card and used it in every restaurant also paid once with normal credit card. I used the travel card in an atm again with no probs tho i couldnt get a balance but most of these cards give you a low balance txt.

The only reason I could see to go all in would be if you are big drinkers, even then there are so many great places to eat with prices being reasonable I would say you would pay roughly the same on self catering eating out as you would on a decent all in, but have a much better holiday experience.

We married in cyprus 12 years ago and it was fantastic and very well organised.

bolton
Level Contributor
71 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding in Protaras

Thanks for your replies they have been very much appreciated as I now know the experts (travel agents) are not as knowledgeable as they are making themselves out to be.....I most certainly will not be booking my SC accommodation through any high street travel agents thats for sure....once again thanks guys for the info.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding in Protaras

No problem and other queries just ask

6. Re: Wedding in Protaras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Protaras
Recent Conversations