We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Larnaca Airport to Protaras transfer

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ta
Level Contributor
79 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Larnaca Airport to Protaras transfer

Hello

I'm considering different options to get from Larnaca airport to Protaras

-If I understand correctly, in order to use a public bus, i need to change the bus in Larnaca city. How often do the buses to Protaras go?

-Does anybody know reliable shuttle/transfers company that runs transfers from Larnaca Airport to Protaras?

What should be the price and how often do they go (my flight arrives at 8am).

-Do I need to book shuttle transfer service in advance or is it possible to catch a shuttle while arriving (I'm arriving mid-week so not sure if there will be lots of people)?

-And if I choose a private taxi, what is better- to book online in advance or just get it there?

Thanks

58 replies to this topic
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Larnaca Airport to Protaras transfer

I would book online ive used grabthatcab the last few years really good service

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Larnaca Airport to Protaras transfer

Taxi costs 60 euro's , if obtained outside the Airport .

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Larnaca Airport to Protaras transfer

Local bus into town then bus 711 from Larnaca centre at (M-F) 0815, 1030, 1115, 1345, 1630, 1830, 2115 and (Sat/Sun) at 0930, 1300, 1530, 1800, 1930. Was €1 but taxi drivers were saying fares go up 50c today! Not been to test it yet, and the OSEA bus company hasn't changed their fares on line (see http://osea.com.cy/index.php

) Probably as quick is their bus 714 to Paralimni then the 102 local bus to Protaras (destination Waterpark) - keep your luggage near the middle exit (they can get packed). InterCity buses also run to Paralimni (http://www.intercity-buses.com/index.php )

http://www.cyprusbybus.com/ will work out the connections (and show all the bus stops) - it might be easiest to take a taxi from the airport to town.

Why none of the companies run direct from the airport I have yet to discover.

If you intend to use buses a lot, €50 will get you a 7-day bus pass for the whole island - but as you're staying in the OSEA territory, a daily €3 pass might be better, plus a €10 all-island one-day pass should you need it.

Edited: 17 June 2013, 10:59
Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Larnaca Airport to Protaras transfer

Just found the OSEA announcement - single fare now €1.50 (night time 2300-0400 unchanged at €2.50); day ticket (OSEA) €5, 7-day €15. Wow - €1.50 Larnaca-Protaras, what a rip off!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Larnaca Airport to Protaras transfer

We use bookcyprus.com for our transfers really good company highly recommend used them for the first time last year. Using them again this year transition was just so smooth.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,988 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Larnaca Airport to Protaras transfer

In response to poster no 3 the reason some companies cannot pick up at airports is because the good old taxi drivers will not allow it. Travel Express are allowed to drop off but not pick up.

Poster number 4 €15 a week is still good value for a bus ticket, I use the buses a lot esp in Limassol when you consider the fact that your daily/weekly ticket will get you from Limassol to the Troodos and back plus other places people can get to that do not drive. you pay much more than that getting ripped off by tour agents. Larnaca to Protaras €1.50 a rip off try living here £3.80p for a return 15 minute ride into town.Julie

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Larnaca Airport to Protaras transfer

Rip-off was meant as a joke, Julie...

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Larnaca Airport to Protaras transfer

We have always pre-booked a taxi, catching a bus is too much hassle when you've just been travelling all day. €60 is the going-rate (or around €55 if going to Ayia Napa) and the drivers are usually very helpful. Catching a mini-bus is usually a bit cheaper but they will usually stop at different hotels around the resort.

wolverhampton
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Larnaca Airport to Protaras transfer

Check out www.johncyprustaxi.com

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
15 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Larnaca Airport to Protaras transfer

You can get taxi in the Larnaca or Paphos Airport without any problems 24/7 . If you prebook, maybe you can find better fare. According to www.cyprus-taxi-transfers.com (we always use them), they do Larnaca Airport to Protaras for 53 day or 63 night, but if you book return, you get 10% discount on return transfer. There are lot of taxi companies, just google then compare fares and of course check companies reviews with tripadvisor.

Reply to: Larnaca Airport to Protaras transfer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Protaras
Recent Conversations