We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 children plus 2014 wedding in cyprus.

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
4 children plus 2014 wedding in cyprus.

Hello. My partner of ten years and I are hoping to get married next year in cyprus. We have four children and have very little family to help with the children or to attend the wedding. We need a venue that will be sutble for our wedding but also our children, ages 17, 14, 12 years and 18months. I have no idea were to start re wedding arrangements but feel we will have to arrange everything ourself. First things first....we need a date? So any suggestions for the best time to go to Cyprus....then 2nd a good venue for us all :)

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 children plus 2014 wedding in cyprus.

Hi

We're getting married in Cyprus in June 2014, we are using Aphrodite Wedding Services www.marriageincyprus.com/ they have a range of venues for everything from small intimate weddings at the town hall to their own beach venue. You can ask for whatever you want & if possible they'll try to arrange it for you. I've been dealing with a lady called Suzanne who's been really helpful & very prompt with her replies to my many emails !!!

They also have a facebook page which has a lot of photographs on and gives you an idea of what they offer.

Hope this helps

Julie.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 children plus 2014 wedding in cyprus.

Hello Julie, thank you for your reply. I did do a quick search and may have come across their site. I just have to be mindful of the extra costs aswell.

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 children plus 2014 wedding in cyprus.

As for your date, we chose June as the heat isn't as overwhelming as July/Aug when we normally visit. We've also been in May & October and the weather has been quite comfortable at these times.

Julie

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 children plus 2014 wedding in cyprus.

Im having trouble finding a hotel for a week half board for less than £2000 and that dosnt include flights. Im wondering if it might be better to stay in a villa? Im hoping that Apirl wont be a nice temperature. Im also wondering if i do book a villia how easy it will be to arrange a wedding on the beach as i think alot of hotels wedding venues are based on the grounds that the bride and groom stay there aswell.

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 children plus 2014 wedding in cyprus.

Hi

We are staying in a villa but getting married at the Golden Coast Hotel on the Gazebo overlooking the beach, we will be picked up from the villa (all included in wedding package) & taken to the hotel, we have then arranged transport for our guests on a traditional cypriot chicken bus to go to a beach front restaurant for our reception.

I'm not sure if you're allowed to have a ceremony actually on the beach but if you email Suzanne I'm sure she'll give you all the information & prices you need.

As for villa prices for a week, I'm sure you could get one with a pool for a reasonable price as its early season. Our first villa stay was for a week in July (so more expensive than April) in a 3 bedroom villa with pool & cost us £1700 including flights for 4 of us. We prefer to eat out rather than stay in a hotel & eat there,

Protaras/Pernera has so many restaurants/bars you can eat as cheaply or as expensive as your budget allows, eg 3 course set menu 10 euros pp (sometimes cheaper).

Email people get a few quotes for wedding packages (detailing what you specifically want), contact a few villa owners & get prices, do a few comparisons & then you'll have a better idea of total costs, time consuming I know but often far cheaper than a travel agent package.

Julie.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 children plus 2014 wedding in cyprus.

Thankyou Julie for your reply. Yes I have been trying to google hotels and villa and wedding planners. Its a bit of a mind field and yes very time consuming, my little 18 month old is being very patient with me. Your flights and villa price was brilliant. Im not sure if its expensive for April as its easter hols for us brits?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 children plus 2014 wedding in cyprus.

Thankyou Julie for your reply. Yes I have been trying to google hotels and villa and wedding planners. Its a bit of a mind field and yes very time consuming, my little 18 month old is being very patient with me. Your flights and villa price was brilliant. Im not sure if its expensive for April as its easter hols for us brits?

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 children plus 2014 wedding in cyprus.

Flights may be a little higher than normal as its Easter, depends also where you're flying from. The south of England always seem to get good prices on flights.

As for the villa we use destinationcyprus.net/ check out their page & contact Phil for a quote if there's anything that fits your requirements. He also works very closely with the Blue Spice Restaurant in Pernera who do weddings (you can check out their reviews on trip advisor).

Julie.

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 children plus 2014 wedding in cyprus.

Easyjet fly from Gatwick to Larnaca if that's any good for you, did a quick search on 2 adults & 4 children including luggage (20kg each) 16-24 April (8 nights, including Easter) & it was £1092.00

Julie

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 children plus 2014 wedding in cyprus.

Oh wow, thank you so much for all the info and doing a quick search. I think my dates are from the 5th to the 20th. Ive got one kiddie wink doing a levels and the other is doing gsce...so they cant take any time off school.

Edited: 12 December 2013, 14:36