We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Face book page

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
428 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Face book page

Is there a active face book page on protaras ? The ones I have found havnt had anything written on them for over a year ...

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Face book page

www.facebook.com/visitprotaras?fref=ts

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
428 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Face book page

Thank you :)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras, Cyprus
Level Contributor
946 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Face book page

There are several pages for the hotels and bars in the area which can be useful. :-)

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
428 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Face book page

Any more links to any in the area would be great please as this is our first time to Cyprus .

Prudhoe...
Level Contributor
85 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Face book page

Try this loads of info

http://www.kapparis.info/

Nicosia, Nicosia...
Level Contributor
32 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Face book page

I spend my summer holidays there every year, so ask away and maybe I can help. But I wouldn't worry too much if i were you because Protaras and Ayia Napa are extremely tourist-friendly places. Public toilets, convenience stores, restaurants, beach amenities, hotels and hotel apartments, bike & car rental places, pubs and bars are literally everywhere and it's not difficult to find your way around. I would suggest you stay in one of the beach hotels on the Protaras Walkway strip because this way you'll have everything within walking distance and won't have to move around much. I wouldn't bother going all inclusive as food and tap water in Cyprus is easy to find and very safe. If you're planning on moving a lot between Protaras and Ayia Napa I would suggest renting a car rather than a motorcycle, as it's much safer (although parking is a bit tricky in Ayia Napa at nigh time). There is a also a regular bus line running in the area. No need to worry about beach paraphernalia, as there are many places you can buy hats, swimsuits, beach umbrellas, sunblock, sarongs, t-shirts, newspapers, magazines and paperbacks in English etc. Locals are very friendly and most speak very good English, so feel free to ask them for help or directions - if you can spot them that is :) Cyprus is one of the safest countries in the world to spend your holidays and take your children. Having said that, don't leave large amounts of money unattended while taking a swim, be careful when crossing the road and drink reasonably. Most accidents are due to alcohol. Beach umbrellas and sun loungers can be rented for 2.00 - 2.50 euro each per day, but you can buy your own or just spread your towel on the sand for free. Beaches belong to the public, and as long as you stay on the sand and not on hotel property no-one can charge you for anything. Beware from sunburns and sunstroke, as the sun can be extremely strong. ALWAYS use sunblock and wear a hat between 11-16am.

Nicosia, Nicosia...
Level Contributor
32 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Face book page

Sorry, forgot to mention that the 15th of August is a public holiday and most locals plan their summer leave around this date, so I would avoid flying to Cyprus during this particular period as all summer resorts, especially Protaras and Ayia Napa are packed, beaches tend to get very crowded and hotel prices go up. Late August - early September is for me the ideal time to visit Protaras, although any time between mid June to mid September is ideal weather-wise.

Edited: 04 January 2014, 11:48
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
428 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Face book page

Thank u all ...great info Christiana .....we have booked the Odessa on all inclusive ...but only for the kids ..we go out all the time for meals and drinks wherever we go ...and as this is our first trip to Cyprus I wanted to get a feel for the place ......wouldn't like to think we missed out on visiting anywhere ....

Can I ask what is the red bus tour see people write about it but can't seem to get much info about it ! And is the cataraman boat trip good ? Thank u all again 29 weeks and counting lol .

Nicosia, Nicosia...
Level Contributor
32 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Face book page

Unfortunately I've never been to any of the boat trips or buses! Typical local lol. I do know that they're safe though, because I've never heard of any accidents or any such incidents. If you go on a stroll on the Protaras walkway or the Ayia Napa harbor beach (Limanaki), you'll be handed some leaflets with information about various boat trip options like the Glass Bottom boat and the Black Pearl which is a faux pirate ship and very popular with young tourists (From what I understand, there are two pirate ships, a small one and a larger one. The larger one operates from Ayia Napa, not Protaras.) Unfortunately I've no idea about the Red Bus, although I have seen it in Larnaca. But fret not. Protaras is such a small place, you're bound to bump into it sooner or later. Ask at the hotel reception, or at one of the tourist agencies on Protaras main street. I'll let you know if anything else comes up. Anyway, if you're traveling with kids they're in luck, as there are many fun things for them to do. There's the amusement park (Luna Park) in Ayia Napa, and you should NOT miss the Ayia Napa Waterpark!!! In Proataras, the Dancing Lights are also very popular, and there's also a small koi fish pond in one of the Hotels on the Protaras Walkway strip and a few small playgrounds that might keep them entertained for free for maybe a few minutes! Water sports are available on most beaches, although some of them I would not recommend for very small children. The Ayia Napa museum is tiny but interesting place to visit if you want to get out of the scorching heat for a while. Cyprus is a very child-friendly place and you'll see kids running around until the small hours during the summer months, which is fine. The only place I would not recommend for very young children is the nightclub area in Ayia Napa, which becomes a bit seedy after 10 pm (the rest of Ayia Napa and Protaras is quite safe, just keep an eye on them when crossing the street though! )

Edited: 11 January 2014, 19:57
Nicosia, Nicosia...
Level Contributor
32 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Face book page

Update: If you're talking about this particular Red Bus (www.redbuscyprus.com/FamagustaDayTrip.aspx) then you should know that it is not operated by agents of the Republic of Cyprus; it is operated by agents from the turkish occupied part, which is not under the control of the greek cypriot authorities. Tourists and some locals visit the northern part of the island for day trips all the time, and it is generally safe to do so. Just keep in mind that if you choose to go on a trip to the other side, in the unlikely event of an accident or emergency you will not be under the care of the official authorities of the Republic of Cyprus.

Edited: 11 January 2014, 20:38
Get answers to your questions about Protaras
Recent Conversations