We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel help!!

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel help!!

Hi all, first timer to Cyprus in June. Found a hotel called Debbe Xenia - good reviews on TA, is basic but as we're using it as a base to explore it seems fine. The only thing I need to know is the location. On the reviews it states the location is excellent but the one review states its 20 mins out of Protaras - which has confused me as others say its a 2 minute walk to all bars and restaurants.

So does anyone know the location of this hotel, how far is it from the beach - a nice beach where we will want to spend the day. how far from the nightlife in protaras where all the bars and restaurants are.

Another question - flights are so much cheaper to fly to Paphos airport rather than lanarca - are there any shuttle services that anyone knows of that would make this journey - has anyone done this? - I don't want to pay taxi prices.

Any tips for a Cyprus first timer would also be appreciated e.g mozzi spray, beach shoes, best restaurants

Thanks!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,545 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel help!!

Hmmm !

If my flights were cheaper to Paphos then I'd consider staying near Paphos and save myself the trip between the two; there are no free shuttles and it's a 2.5 hour journey so a taxi would cost quite a bit.

Or if I'd set my heart on staying in Protars I'd weigh up the cost and inconvenience of the transfers and fly to Larnaca.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,959 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel help!!

Debbiexina good location i would stay in the Maricosta opposite your in Penera a two min stroll to the beach, i stayed in the Livas again this year

Prudhoe...
Level Contributor
83 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel help!!

Debbexenia is not in Protaras its in Penera

See link for maps

D5 Hotel no 86 ... kapparis.info/maps/…protaras_area_07.pdf

In my opinion Penera is much nicer than Protaras Enjoy

Edited: 30 December 2013, 07:03
Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel help!!

I agree with the above Pernera is much nicer than Protaras and Paphos, try flying into Larnaca and look for a cheaper transfer with travel republic. I would not say two and a half hours from Larnaca to paphos it is about 45 minutes to Limassol then another 45 to Paphos depending on where you stay.

If your flight times are right you could get the airport express from Larnaca to Paphos it might take longer I think you change buses in Limassol, but I would not want the hassle of a one and a half to a two hour journey from the airport.

Mozzie spray use Avon original SSS spray and you will not get bitten.

There are loads of good restaurants in Pernera we like Sizzlers and knights bar/kokkos bar.Julie

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel help!!

Thanks everyone didnt realise we wernt in protaras. We want good nightlife, nice beaches excursions and things to do and see... is perena the right place for us ?

Thank you

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras, Cyprus
Level Contributor
946 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel help!!

Pernera has some great night life including bars with great music acts, live music, bands and dj's.. Its like the smaller sister of Protaras (which if you want busier is only a short walk up the road or a quick bus/taxi ride). There are places to book excursions in Pernera, the Big Red Bus tour stops in Pernera/Protaras/Ayia Napa and plenty of water activites down on the beaches.

Steve

7. Re: Hotel help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Protaras