We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public transportation from Protaras to Salamis

Level Contributor
83 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
public transportation from Protaras to Salamis

My wife and I will be staying for five nights in Protaras and while we are there we would like to visit Famagusta and Salamis. Is there public transportation between Protaras and Salamis? We will also be in Kyrenia for five nights. Is it easier to get to Salamis from Kyrenia? I assume there is public transportation between Protaras and Kyrenia. How do we get to Kyrenia from Protaras? All suggestions gratefully received.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: public transportation from Protaras to Salamis

Hi, I am pretty certain that there is no public transport from south to north someone will correct me if I am wrong . You could take a tour to kyrenia and let the driver know that you are staying Eman do the tour. .for public transport in the north I would re-post on the Kyrenia forum sorry I can,t be of anymore help on this.Julie

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
450 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: public transportation from Protaras to Salamis

Hi,

Due to the border crossing you would have to either have a jeep safari or the red bus tour to famagusta, I would hire a car and pay for insurance on the border i think I payed E20 last year and that was for a month, some hire companies don't allow you to cross but there are a few that do, but it's at your own risk, I will be using Fontana in July, very much unspoilt over there Bafra bay is lovely also Salamis and Palm beach which is very eiry with the deserted hotels right up to it.

All the best

3. Re: public transportation from Protaras to Salamis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Protaras