We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live bands especially rock cover bands

whitby
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
Live bands especially rock cover bands

Hello,

We are going to Protaras for the first in April, does anybody know if there will be any live bands playing in the local bars, i especially like rock music but any live music for me is better than that modern nonsense.

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

south of england
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live bands especially rock cover bands

Hi mate ,

The Sphinx bar on the entrance to the strip have live bands every night , some of them very good to , last year there was a queen tribute act .....very rockie , a lot of other bars have live bands to , plenty to choose from .

south of england
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live bands especially rock cover bands

Hi mate ,

The Sphinx bar on the entrance to the strip have live bands every night , some of them very good to , last year there was a queen tribute act .....very rockie , a lot of other bars have live bands to , plenty to choose from .

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live bands especially rock cover bands

I recommend checking out Echo Cyprus. We've seen them on a few occasions around Protaras / Pernera. They often play at the Blue Spice in Pernera but put all their dates up online so you can find out which bar they're in. They're made up of a female vocalist and an amazing guitarist - they play classic rock and blues - always good fun.

http://www.echocyprus.org/

whitby
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Live bands especially rock cover bands

thanks

Paralimni, Cyprus
Level Contributor
302 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Live bands especially rock cover bands

Rockafellas have live music every night

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live bands especially rock cover bands

We enjoyed the live act in Teejays when we were last in Protaras - there were a couple of guys singing/playing guitars and covering rock tracks, mainly old-school (Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, Kinks etc.), but also some modern stuff (Killers, Libertines, Kings of Leon). I'm not a huge fan of tribute acts that you see in many places in Protaras, but I do enjoy live music. We last visited in September 2012 so I'm not sure if it'll be the same this season.

London, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live bands especially rock cover bands

Prot is full of live music.

lithos is one of the best rock bands but I am not sure if they are working this year x

Medway, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live bands especially rock cover bands

They are in the sphinx bar 3 nights a week

Medway, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live bands especially rock cover bands

They are in the sphinx bar 3 nights a week

10. Re: Live bands especially rock cover bands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Protaras