We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight times from Bristol Airport

Bude, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
93 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Flight times from Bristol Airport

Hiya. I'm a bit baffled by the flight times from Bristol Airport for 2015 holidays to Protaras. All the flights offered are all in the afternoon going there and on the way back its really late. Has anyone else experianced this or do you know if the flight times will change? Or are these standard flight times? Exeter isnt much different. Your help would be most appriciated! thanks Sharon

Birmingham...
Level Contributor
266 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight times from Bristol Airport

Is the airline Monarch? We fly with them from Birmingham every year and they are always afternoon flights out and late (aound 10pm leaving) on the way back.

Bude, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
93 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight times from Bristol Airport

Its with Thomson or First Choice. I think they use their own?

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight times from Bristol Airport

Flight times often change when they're released this early.

Best bet is to look at the 2014 schedules and see what they are as they pretty much stay the same one year to the next

Bude, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
93 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight times from Bristol Airport

Ah right. fingers crossed then. I like to get there early and on the way back come back in the afternoon.

Thank you for your help.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,496 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight times from Bristol Airport

You could try a different airport, although given your location I can understand why you would look at Britol and Exeter.

Assuming you are flying to Larnaca those flights times look pretty standard.

When we fly Manchester Pahos then we have quite a lot of choice of airlines but early afternoon out and late evening back is our normal schedule.

Bude, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
93 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight times from Bristol Airport

Ahh so its pretty standard flight times then. Shame really as you normally get a selection of different flight times to suit most people but for Protaras or just Cyprus in general its not the case. Thank you for this information.

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight times from Bristol Airport

Again, I'd look at what they are for 2014. But as has been said most if not all Larnaca flights go out mid afternoon or thereabouts and depart around 8/9pm coming back. We're very lucky and can fly very easily from several airports but no amount of shopping around betters the flight times. Monarch in particular have flights leaving Luton and Birmingham at virtually the same time in the afternoon for Larnaca and the same coming home...........The only other option we've found with better flight times are British Airways out of Heathrow or Cyprus Airways who do several various times in the summer.

However the general flight times now are much, much better than what they were a few years ago when all the flights home were in the early hours of the morning, so true night flights and truly awful :)

Carmarthenshire...
Level Contributor
517 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight times from Bristol Airport

We fly from Cardiff, we leave early afternoon, around 1 pm, and return back to Cardiff around 00.30. I have neverknown the flights to be any different.

Bude, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
93 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight times from Bristol Airport

Thank you to everyone who has helped me on here. I have now been looking at Paphos and there are ealier flight times for holidays so Mum would like to go there. Thank goodness for all of that. Just have to keep an eye on the prices now as they are quiet expensive.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Flight times from Bristol Airport

hi.

if you book with thompson they fly on a wednesday from bristol .

summer outbound 7am in bound land around 5.30pm.

winter outbound 11.20am inbound land 5.30pm.

these flight times are available now and you can book for next year.

and thompson do not use the holding cadges as some other airlines do at paphos airport.

i flew back the begining of this month.

Get answers to your questions about Protaras
Recent Conversations