We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Protaras euro rate

Middlesbrough...
1 post
Save Topic
Protaras euro rate

is it better to change the money from English to euro in Cyprus, does anyone know the rate currently there, I am looking to change 800 British pounds

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Protaras euro rate

Hi, Thomas Cook online today is £1.192

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,961 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Protaras euro rate

I change £1000 last week ant got 1.19 in coop travel, i think its a myth that the rate is always better in resort and no one changes money and gets nothing in return why do it, its hidden in the rate

Greenhithe, Kent...
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Protaras euro rate

I just changed up sterling cash today in London @ 1.195.

I have rarely found the rate better in the resort than the UK.

On line rates are better too and the cash delivered by post to you!

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
211 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Protaras euro rate

The rate has always been a bit better over in resort when I have gone. But I would be interested to know what you can get for your money, not the rate on the board. Can someone advise? If you give them £100, do you get 120 euros? We normally change at the chemist in the resort. Anyone out there, or going shortly, let me know as I may take sterling like I normally do.

Scotland
Level Contributor
652 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Protaras euro rate

You usually get a better rate in the resort I get my euros at the Chemist on the strip in Protaras

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
326 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Protaras euro rate

I have always changed my money in Protaras and only take around 200 euros for the first day or so. The rate is always equal to or slightly better than in the UK and the chemist near to Bells does not charge commision on the rate that they advertise, so if it says 1.20 and you change £100 you will get 120 euros back. There are lots of other places that are charging a better rate but these are the ones where you will get charged the commission and end up with a not so favourable rate! The reason I always take sterling on holiday is that I am only changing what I need and so, dont end up coming back with euros and have to change back again over here which is when you lose out again at the exchange rate!

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Protaras euro rate

1.21 opposite the Artemis hotel today

1.20 at bootlegger in Pernera

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Protaras euro rate

euros today at the post office if you change £500 you get 119.8 yesterday it was 119.9

9. Re: Protaras euro rate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Protaras