We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

aiya napa or protaras

wales
Level Contributor
270 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
aiya napa or protaras

hi looking to go to cyprus in 2015 like a bit of nightlife but not the disco scene prefer pub shows etc which has more going for it aiya napa or protaras

London, United...
Level Contributor
353 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: aiya napa or protaras

Protaras 100%

Lots of bars on the strip playing music , live shows , karaoke , magic shows , hypnotist , something for every one .

If you fancy the dico/club scene then a bus takes you there from protaras .

Mentioned in this post
Protaras
Protaras
Paralimni, Cyprus
Carmarthenshire...
Level Contributor
517 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: aiya napa or protaras

I have stayed in both ANapa, and Protaras, and as Gary says,Protaras every time. If you want a bit more nightlife then Ayai napa is easy to get to.

Mentioned in this post
Anapa
Anapa
Krasnodar Krai, Russia
Protaras
Protaras
Paralimni, Cyprus
cumbernauld
Level Contributor
287 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: aiya napa or protaras

Definitely Protarus, lots of bars with tribute acts & live music.

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
220 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: aiya napa or protaras

Protaras unless you want 18-25 yr olds being sick in the street!

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
377 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: aiya napa or protaras

Ayia Napa will be the next place to have a Russian Referendum. Ive noticed the change over the last 5 or 6 years and I wont be going back. Protaras for me.

Mentioned in this post
Ayia Napa
Ayia Napa
Famagusta District, Cyprus
Protaras
Protaras
Paralimni, Cyprus
UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: aiya napa or protaras

I'm afraid you'll find the Russians everywhere these days holiday resort wise including Protaras...........read some of the hotel reviews to understand just how many there are in the resort

cuckooWestMids...........not sure you've been to Ayia Napa but that isn't what the resort is about, there's one square and bar street where the clubbers focus on............Ayia Napa is a huge resort, 4 times the size of Protaras so most people don't even find the square

Edited: 11 May 2014, 23:33
Mentioned in this post
Protaras
Protaras
Paralimni, Cyprus
Ayia Napa
Ayia Napa
West Midlands...
Level Contributor
220 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: aiya napa or protaras

Sorry I was referring to the square, where I visited & had a great time with 8 lads " on the pull" many years ago. Nissi beach is great, so is the waterpark, fair & few restaurants. Still say Protaras 100%, went to Napa last year for 1 night on the bus to take my daughter to the fair, couldn't wait to get back. Just don't seem as safe, relaxed or as up market as Protaras. If I was single & going clubbing then Napa would win, but those days are long gone!😎

Edited: 12 May 2014, 07:58
Mentioned in this post
Nissi Beach
Nissi Beach
5,738 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Protaras
Protaras
Paralimni, Cyprus
London, United...
Level Contributor
353 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: aiya napa or protaras

Last year we were staying in a villa in Pernera and decided to go to Napa for our lunch and have a look around the resort , it was deserted , there was a handful of people about , must have all been in bed still from all that ballroom dancing last night .

Lol

Mentioned in this post
Pernera Beach Hotel
Pernera Beach Hotel
1,258 Reviews
Protaras, Cyprus
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: aiya napa or protaras

Having been a Cyprus lover since 1993 and having stopped in Ayia Napa every time except for our last holiday......Protaras 100% it is much cleaner and upmarket than Ayia Napa. Don't get me wrong, I still like Ayia Napa because it does have a lot going for it but it has deteriorated over the last 20 years imho. With it being so close to Protaras you get the best of both worlds. You can jump on the bus or in a taxi and be there in 10 minutes when you do want to go. There's some lovely beaches there also. Ayia napa is a lot bigger than Protaras but it's a lot more spread out too.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Ayia Napa
Ayia Napa
Protaras
Protaras
Paralimni, Cyprus
Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
13 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: aiya napa or protaras

They both have good things going for them, the Maina/harbour area is lovely at Napa and there are lots of nice bars/restaurants up and down Nissi avenue and down to the harbour. The Monastery is nice to see but then you're getting very close to the 'square' ! We prefer protaras as it always seems a bit more friendly but we always have a couple of nights out in Napa.

Mentioned in this post
Nissi Beach
Nissi Beach
5,738 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Get answers to your questions about Protaras