We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather!! OMG

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
218 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Weather!! OMG

I know a Thunderstorm hit last Sunday, but the forecast appears to say showers & thunderstorms this Thursday, Friday & Saturday !☔️

Any locals out there to give us a daily update would be good! I'm out there on Sunday, Cyprus & rain in June just don't mix?

We want ☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

Troodos Mountains...
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather!! OMG

Weather here as elsewhere can and does vary year on year. The trend this year is that we have been cooler with erratic rain and cloud around compared with previous years, so far. However from watching what actually happens I say that weather is usually localised and forecasts do not give these variations. Most of the time rain comes as short sharp showers but occasionally these can become longer lasting.

Today where I am there is total thin high cloud cover, the local Government forecast has the possibility of showers tonight. But it may well be clear sky and sun a few miles away.

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather!! OMG

Apart from 2 odd days with potential for a rain shower it's showing as being very hot, when there is a shower it tends to be short and sharp and over pretty quickly. accuweather.com/en/…122485 I've been here 3 weeks with 2 weeks left and the weathers been fine other than an odd shower in the night and a haze late afternoon. We've been on the beaches almost every day, all day

Polis, Cyprus
Level Contributor
178 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather!! OMG

I find Wunderground extremely accurate and yes it is predicting Thunderstorms Thursday thru to Sunday after a very hot day tomorrow (Wednesday). The weather is certainly not behaving itself so far this Summer but I am sure it will settle down soon.

Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
465 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather!! OMG

We also use Wunderground for our weather forecasts.

Very windy again today. It said on the radio this morning that if you were planning an outside event this weekend that maybe you should think about moving it indoors :o(

This is not the usual June weather, we have friends here at the minute, staying in Paphos and I feel quite sorry for them.

Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
465 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather!! OMG

Having said all that Cuckoo .... it was 21 degrees at 10pm last night and the temp is 24 degrees now, so it`s not so bad :o)

and we`ve had no rain !

Edited: 05 June 2014, 09:18
Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
266 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather!! OMG

The weather has been very weird the last few days. Yesteday was extremely hot, muggy and windy, yet very overcast, so there wasn't really even that much direct sun. I went out in the car at lunchtime and the thermometer said it was 35 deg! Last night about 8pm outside on the patio the temp was 30deg. Today it is not as hot yet there is still a strong wind. Just had a very short shower, literally lasted 2 mins.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather!! OMG

It's very unusual for Cyprus to receive showers in June, but it won't last. 4 years ago we experienced "rain" well if you can call it that 5 splats on the window screen and that was it. The taxi driver said that's the first bit of rain we've had in a month. After that hot hot hot glorious sunshine for the next 10days! There is really absolutely no need to worry about the weather. Have a lovely holiday, Cyprus is a beautiful country. x

Nantwich, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather!! OMG

We travel on 15th June. Just looked at current forecast, hail shower!!!!

Being me sunshine !

London, United...
Level Contributor
350 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather!! OMG

It says the next three days it will rain or be stormy , I will eat my hat if that happens .

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
218 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather!! OMG

Checked wunderground that does say showers next 3 days. Hopefully will be over quickly. Our 1st day is Mon 9th, which says possible shower then warm rest of the week. I have never know rain in 9 years of coming in June. Global warming eh!

Get answers to your questions about Protaras
Recent Conversations