We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

water

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
water

is the water okay to drink or is it advisable to buy bottled

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras, Cyprus
Level Contributor
946 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: water

You have to know how the water is stored etc, some places its no problem..we use it for filling the kettle and cleaning our teeth etc but buy bottled water to drink cold from the fridge....

Nouakchott...
Level Contributor
10 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: water

I agree with AskCy, but will add that I also use it to cook with. We haven't had any problems.

cumbernauld
Level Contributor
285 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: water

We always use bottled water for drinking for a cuppa, just to be on the safe side.

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: water

I have survived over 6 years drinking Cypriot water from the taps, tap water is safe thoughout Cyprus. However exactly as in UK if the water is stored in the house or hotel then you should use water directly from the mains for drinking and cooking. Taste does vary as some areas use water that has come through limestone and can contain large amounts of minerals, just like areas in UK such as Hampshire.

Must make cup of tea with Welsh water as I am there at present or should I use bottled water?

Larnaka City, Cyprus
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: water

Tap water in Cyprus is very safe but most locals do buy drinking water as most of tap water in summer comes from desalination plants or from dams and gets very chlorinated for hygiene reasons and does not taste that good

Greenhithe, Kent...
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: water

I have drank tap water in S/catering apt since they had 3 taps [2 cold water and 1 hot]. Never had problems in Pafos [ Paphos] locations but in Protaras I was OK until last year. Even boiling the water for a British cuppa! not the same. So brought bottle water always now. It is cheap if you buy the large packs and I decant down to small bottle to carry around as I walk a lot during holidays.

As most say it maybe how the water is stored, and the demands as more people grow in the locations.

7. Re: water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Protaras