We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunrise Beach Hotel or Atlantica Aeneas

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stoke on Trent
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Sunrise Beach Hotel or Atlantica Aeneas

We are looking to stay in Cyprus for 11 nights mid-September and are torn between Sunrise Beach Hotel in Protaras and Atlantic Aeneas in Nissi Beach.

Sunrise sounds lovely, but we are unable to secure a sea view room and its £1,011 for B&B. Atlantica is £1,020 half board and an extra £44 for a pool view but 90m from the beach.

We are a couple in our thirties and like a night out but not in to clubbing anymore :-) We are not bothered about half board but for extra £9 and the option to have a decent view is tempting.

I know I'm posting this on a Protaras forum so are probably going to have more votes for Sunrise.

Any advice, or has anyone been to both?

Thanks in advance

Sarah

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunrise Beach Hotel or Atlantica Aeneas

Difficult choice! Both are beautiful hotels. Stayed at Sunrise Beach and loved it...but agree it's expensive for b&b. Never stayed at Atlantica Aeneas but it looks lovely too. Beaches are great in both resorts. Protaras is great for tribute acts/live music etc and is a compact little place with plenty going on. Nissi also has a good choice of bars and Ayia Napa is 30 minutes stroll for more choice. The quality of restaurants in Ayia Napa was better than those in Protaras in my opinion...but that was a couple of years ago when we were last there. To be honest I doubt you'd be disappointed with either :)

Stoke on Trent
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunrise Beach Hotel or Atlantica Aeneas

Thanks.

We are looking at Sunrise Pearl now, and this looks lovely but more money.

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunrise Beach Hotel or Atlantica Aeneas

They had just opened the Sunrise Pearl when we stayed at Sunrise Beach. Both are next dor to each other in perfect locations right on the beach and in the middle of the "strip". We had a look round the Sunrise Pearl and were offered a free upgrade when we were there, but decided to stay where we were.

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunrise Beach Hotel or Atlantica Aeneas

I would go for the sunrise, stayed at atlantica last year and was very dissapointed with it, more of a butlins feel to it, the food was the only good point, protaras is a far nicer resort.

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunrise Beach Hotel or Atlantica Aeneas

I would go for the sunrise, stayed at atlantica last year and was very dissapointed with it, more of a butlins feel to it, the food was the only good point, protaras is a far nicer resort.

Stoke on Trent
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunrise Beach Hotel or Atlantica Aeneas

Thanks for the feedback

7. Re: Sunrise Beach Hotel or Atlantica Aeneas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2015, 05:15